Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone travelling down to Watford via the M40 should avoid passing through Rickmansworth to Croxley Green to get to West Watford as the main route through (Scotts Hill A412) has been closed the last couple of days due to burst water main. I live locally. It may be back open in time but i wouldn't trust it.

Definitely getting more nervous as the game draws closer. All the things that are going in our favour going into tonight is where we usually see Everton enter stage right, but let's face it, even with where we are in the table at this stage, we should be confident of 3 points tonight. More of the same from Sunday will do that

Played this on FIFA before lads, we won 3-2 with Gray coming off the bench to score the winner in injury time. I started DCL and he was woeful. Hated every minute of it, just like I will tonight I imagine.

Come on Everton, a rare comfortable 2 or 3-0 to the good guys.
Really I won 25-0… might be time to try harder difficulty… I score 11

Gracias amigo! 24 degrees sound like my kind of weather, here in Asheville still the morning time so I may have to leave the vino for later once Everton wins and I feel like having a celebration at knowing that our chances of relegation can become a thing of the past :)
Fingers crossed. Us blues can never take anything for granted. Is it not 9am yet? ?

interesting take...it supposes some nuanced strategic intelligence from Hornet supporters that has been negligibly evidenced throughout their history.
Looks like it’s getting through.

Watford Forum
I've heard lots of people wanting Everton to go down as it would be "funny" and they still harbour grudges about Silva, Richarlison and Doucoure (and some even the 1984 final!).

But there are a couple of reasons we should hope they stay up. Firstly, they would probably win the Championship next season and that would take away one of the automatic promotion spots we are rightfully gunning for.

And the bigger picture is that this a big club with a good history who belong in the Premier League and it would weaken the product if they came down. There's no point damaging the best league in the world just for some short term gloating and I would like to think that we, as Watford fans, are above this.

Jumping the gun here but a win today coupled with a Leeds loss and we’re pretty much home I think. Add a Spurs win tomorrow against Arsenal and they’ll be motivated to snot Burnley next time out as well. Fingers crossed the results continue going our way.

They have just appointed Rob Edwards, Forest Green manager, for next season ( or at least until the clocks go back, knowing Watford)
everton-carlo-ancelotti.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.