Match Thread Watford 2-3 Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Watford mate loves this game...us and them have become peers now...equals...and that makes for a great rivalry.
I appreciate that us and West Ham are also equals, but the Watford fixture I look forward to more.
I was hoping we might create a rivalry with Wolves, but them (and Leicester) are in a league above us nowadays.
_20200129_155012.JPG

They’re a tough team in every sense under Pearson. We’ll do well getting anything from this. Sort of game a Dunc led side might actually have had more chance of winning perhaps....

Too many PMs to answer each individually: but no, my Hornet supporting mate is not Ross Pottinger. I haven't seen Potty since my primary school's centenary celebrations back in 2003. Rupert is my Watford-supporting buddy.
And before my PM in-box is deluged with "did Rupert also suffer terrible homesickness?" type questions, I genuinely have no idea. He doesn't come across as a blubbering type. Bit of a druggie, but good company (possibly because of that lol).
We are both very much looking forward to this weekend's 'clash of the titans'...Toffees vs Hornets. I imagine most of world football's eyes will similarly be focussed on this now famous rivalry...

...NSNO

Last edited:
Watford under Pearson deserve respect. We will need to be at our best to get a point from the game. I hope Deulefeu does not score.
True this, last 5 games they are the only side outside the top 3 who have won 3 games in the last 5 fixtures. A draw will be a good result, forget they are in the bottom 3 thats is based on early season form pre Pearson

True this, last 5 games they are the only side outside the top 3 who have won 3 games in the last 5 fixtures. A draw will be a good result, forget they are in the bottom 3 thats is based on early season form pre Pearson
A draw would be a good result if we’re trying to stay in the Premier League. It would be a terrible result if we want European football next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.