Watched the Bayern semi-final from '85 on youtube last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chelsea v Leeds replay at Old Trafford featured the first televised decapitation:

Isn't that match (comfortably) the most watched non England game in history.

Always struck me as quirky. Why would so many more people watch that game? Any theories?

Isn't that match (comfortably) the most watched non England game in history.

Always struck me as quirky. Why would so many more people watch that game? Any theories?

Because despite what people say, they love violence. Maybe? My understanding is Leeds were a lightening rod for many fans too, for or against.

I remember going in the Park End early doors and standing on the barrier leaning back against the wall. Think I fell off/jumped when we equalised and I ended up with a ciggie burn in the back of my brand new Head trackie top that night.

Best game I've ever been to by a mile...

Because despite what people say, they love violence. Maybe? My understanding is Leeds were a lightening rod for many fans too, for or against.

Yeah that would have been a a factor but it got double the first match.

Anyway, I was 6 when that game (the bayern semi) was played. Wish I had a clearer memory of it. Just remember scaring our dog when the third went in.

its matches like this i wish i was born a good 20 years younger than i was "93" hopefully ill see days similar as still youg theres hope. Up Everton!

Status
Not open for further replies.