Was spending 28 million on Lukaku a mistake?

Was spending 28 million on Lukaku a mistake?

• Yes

Votes: 81 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 111 57.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

R.Reddington

Player Valuation: £35m
There was much debate about how much we were going to try and get him for/if we were going to get him at all. Figures between 15 - 30 million were being thrown around. He hasn't exactly been a star in our team this season and has 6 goals in 17 games. Do the fellow blues on GOT envisage some light at the end of the tunnel OR was it a bad buy from us? Could the money have been spent 'more wisely'?

Rephrase it,

was spending *7-8 mil a year worth it?

If he slots 15 a year hes worth the money

*think thats the recognized yearly fee

I voted no.

But as others have said, if we keep playing like we are now, he'll never break 15 or maybe even 10 goals in a season. Time for Bobby to wake up, or get the f' out.

How should we use him?

Play someone off him who will feed him and not use him as a foil. Stop hoofing it to him. Play the occasional bit of quick, counterattacking football. Play 2 wide players or at least ensure that 1-2 of the 3 behind him aren't out of position, so they have the best chance of actually playing well and linking up with him. I'm sure there are other things, too, but any of these would be a start.

No but unless we actually give him some service it will be a waste of money.

He was at his best last season when he was served by a side who attacked with pace and variety, this season we are slow and none dimensional. What chance does he have.

It was like we had signed Messi on here when he signed permanently, yes he's had very little service, but Chelsea would have struggled to get that sort of deal anywhere.

No but unless we actually give him some service it will be a waste of money.

He was at his best last season when he was served by a side who attacked with pace and variety, this season we are slow and none dimensional. What chance does he have.

Not sure if that's a typo, but either way I'm nicking that phrase. Sums us up this season -- so few ideas we lack even a first dimension!

Status
Not open for further replies.