• Yes

Votes: 342 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 268 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he was and there was no reason not to bring on an attacking sub in that scenario. 10 minutes to go, the fans want to see their 27 million pound striker, not schneiderlin again. Which is the basic point I am trying to make.

We were winning 3-0, short on confidence and in no need to score again. Why bring on a forward?

Don’t get me wrong, i’d have happily gone like for like and took Niasse off for Tosun, but if your defensive mids injured, why would you bring on a forward.

Reminds me of when Martinez brought Niasse on when we were 2-0 up against West Ham & we lost 3-2.

I think the boo's mostly were for big Sam not putting on cenk when it was crying out for him to get minutes on the pitch, no other player needed to come, then he made it worse by picking sniderlin, so it was a collective disbelief

Gueye was injured.

We were winning 3-0.

Anyone booing because of that may as well just jib the whole thing off.

This poll has narrowed. It was running at about 80% to 20% in viewing the booing as justified about an hour after the game.

I appreciate the arguments saying it was an unjustifiable act, but handing any support to this feller is completely misplaced imo.

That was 6 months worth of anger that erupted today at a player who if we'd have been sucked into the bottom three and been fighting for our lives wouldn't have given a flying one if we'd gone down. I for one think he got a richly deserved comeuppance today and it might serve as a very handy reminder to other Everton players that there's no hiding place from tanking games and acting like a prima donna at this club.

It sends a message to him to shape up or ship out. No problem with that at all.

And yes the booing was for Schneiderlain ffs. Gueye was injured, it was actually the right sub (given Sam put him on the bench ahead of Beni) - the booing told him he needs to put more effort in if he wants to play for this club.
Not from where I sat..it was for the sub...and certainly against Allardyce..compounded by the fact it was Schneiderlin..at 3-0 up with Tosun still on the bench.

This poll has narrowed. It was running at about 80% to 20% in viewing the booing as justified about an hour after the game.

I appreciate the arguments saying it was an unjustifiable act but handing any support to this feller is completely misplaced imo.

That was 6 months worth of anger that erupted today at a player who if we'd have sucked into the bottom three and been fighting for our lives wouldn't have given a flying one. I for one think he got a richly deserved comeuppance today and it might serve as very handy reminder to other Everton players that there's no hiding place from tanking games and acting like a prima donna at this club.

How is he acting like a prima donna though? And how is he any worse than the rest of them?

He has been playing crap for a while. I would like to think he isn't being crap on purpose. What reason would he have to do that?

Funnily enough I have never had an objection to booing the whole team but booing individuals is just pathetic.

Not as bad as booing a manager when we are 3-0 up like but still...

I appreciate the arguments saying it was an unjustifiable act but handing any support to this feller is completely misplaced imo.

That was 6 months worth of anger that erupted today at a player who if we'd have sucked into the bottom three and been fighting for our lives wouldn't have given a flying one. I for one think he got a richly deserved comeuppance today and it might serve as very handy reminder to other Everton players that there's no hiding place from tanking games and acting like a prima donna at this club.

It's like the ones who expressed guilt for being part of the 52% that voted Leave, hoping they could express what was in their little dark hearts on the quiet and everyone else would save them.

If Everton social media dweebs were uniformly saying 'Schneiderlin deserved that you know' it would have stayed at 80+%.

You've seen it with the flip-floppers on Allardyce etc. Show some backbone.

How is he acting like a prima donna though? And how is he any worse than the rest of them?

He has been playing crap for a while. I would like to think he isn't being crap on purpose. What reason would he have to do that?

Funnily enough I have never had an objection to booing the whole team but booing individuals is just pathetic.

Not as bad as booing a manager when we are 3-0 up like but still...
His tweets denying the stories about him were dripping in arogance and sarcasm.

Sorry, he's an abhorrence imo....or, in the words post match of Allardyce "a very valued member of the squad"...which shows you what a nobhead he is too.

I appreciate the arguments saying it was an unjustifiable act, but handing any support to this feller is completely misplaced imo.

That was 6 months worth of anger that erupted today at a player who if we'd have been sucked into the bottom three and been fighting for our lives wouldn't have given a flying one if we'd gone down. I for one think he got a richly deserved comeuppance today and it might serve as a very handy reminder to other Everton players that there's no hiding place from tanking games and acting like a prima donna at this club.

Pipe down flowerpotman.

Hate the fella myself.

Doesn't give a toss about Everton, but at the end of the day... how anyone can justify booing one of our own, it's appalling.

Supposedly coined "The People's Club", albeit some would argue we don't want that tag, we've just booed our own player, who aside from being absolutely gash, hadn't actually done anything wrong. Our fans disgust me at times.

On the other hand, we've just paid £27m for a Centre Forward, and at 3-0 up, you'd think we'd utilise him and try and allow him time to adapt to the premier league. But no, we bring on a defensive midfielder.

I can't fathom that.

His tweets denying the stories about him were dripping in arogance and sarcasm.

Sorry, he's an abhorrence imo....or, in the words post match of Allardyce "a very valued member of the squad"...which shows you what a nobhead he is too.

Tweets are just words on a screen.

I'm not a fan of him or anything but he has been picked constantly by 3 different managers this season so he must have something about him at least to the point where he is not being a prima donna in training.

Also he is a player who cost what, 24M? Allardyce is not going to turn round and say he is rubbish is he? That would make him a knobhead more...

What was the reaction around you ? did you boo the sub, or Schneiderlin?

Tweets are just words on a screen.

I'm not a fan of him or anything but he has been picked constantly by 3 different managers this season so he must have something about him at least to the point where he is not being a prima donna in training.

Also he is a player who cost what, 24M? Allardyce is not going to turn round and say he is rubbish is he? That would make him a knobhead more...

I cant stand Moyes now, but one thing is for sure: he'd have scouted this feller's character as much as his (meagre) talent and left him where he was: rotting away at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.