Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry, but this has always been nothing more than a rumour. The way it was told at the time was that we could not release the funds to buy him and he went to inter for real money. We then turned our attention Paterson

Im almost certain it came out via the Athletic recently after Brands' exit. Brands was very keen, Benitez was not so we didnt take him. Which is how a DOF/manager partnership should work

However how one works at our club is a mystery to everyone, including Everton.

Everyone signing is a risk for every Richarlison or DCL there is a Klaasen or Tosun.
But, you have to speculate, make signings, try to improve the team.

Mykolenko seems to have a good pedigree for the longer term, but we should not be surprised if he struggles at first as he settles into a new, club, a new city, a new culture, a new team, a new league, a new country.

Remember when Richarlison was signed, there were many who felt it was a waste of money and we would never make a profit on him.
Richarlison wasnt the same risk.

He was a proven performer in the prem.

He was a Brazil International.

Mykolenko is more of punt by a long way.

I hope we have properly scouted this player for years and not just a random Niasse style purchase.

If we are not sure please don't buy! We have no buffer anymore we can't be making mistakes in the transfer market.

At least he is of the right age so will be on low wages and can progress as a footballer.

Richarlison wasnt the same risk.

He was a proven performer in the prem.

He was a Brazil International.

Mykolenko is more of punt by a long way.
Risk can come in many forms. Maybe the player don't fit, maybe he gets injured, maybe he loses form or motivation.

He is a starter for his team in the Champions League and highly touted a couple of years back. He's also an international. Not the best national team but still a decent one.

He is indeed a bigger punt than Richarlison that's why he's £17m. I'm excited to see him play and in the worst case scenario, he will be quite sellable. High upside and low risk I feel.

One thing that does strike me, the lad is 5ft 11in, so if we continue our current set piece defending at least he will have a chance when left isolated at the far post with a huge centre back to mark. Lost count of the number of times that's happened this season.

don't worry guys, signing him is not a risk, he is not a bust.

his only drawback in this regard is minor injuries (for 2-3 weeks), he has a weak right arm and in 2 years he had a bruise 3 times.

in dynamo kiyv, he was the second best player after tsygankov.

I guarantee 99% of this forum had never heard of him a month ago. If he was really highly rated and up & coming, he'd be on the radar before the paper talk started.
Napoli and Roma really wanted to sign him for the last two years and even made some bids.
but noone expected everton to sign him so quickly.

Additionally when we sell Richy it'll be a lot of "He's underperformed for seasons now"

I don't believe there will be, it has been widely known that we let Richie go to the Olympics as long as we got another season from him, which we are in, therefore he will be moving on in the summer.

This is the model we have all been screaming for over the years, buy young, sell at a premium coming into or in their prime

Digne is now at his highest value, as he has just signed a new contract, he has had a poor 6 months or so, but that's not forever, we will get 35 million for Digne from Juventus, Inter, Newcastle or Leicester (although I would prefer him to go overseas)

Status
Not open for further replies.