2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

I was still laughing about his interview at 3am this morning. Its the type of thing a dad says when trying to sound all modern and current with their son, but just comes across as an out of touch embarrassing bellend lol
I don't watch his interviews any more Mac, he winds me up too much and I'm frightened I'll throw something at the telly. It's like watching a ginger Louis Armstrong doing a David Brent impression.

I don't watch his interviews any more Mac, he winds me up too much and I'm frightened I'll throw something at the telly. It's like watching a ginger Louis Armstrong doing a David Brent impression.

Yeah mate best thing to do is try not to listen to the crap he comes up with.

I just want this season over with, someone to start running the club properly and punt the dosser into the sun.

I don't think he'd look so bad if he had a competent left winger in front of him tbh. But there isn't one of them in the whole squad, nor is there one for the right hand side either.

His defensive mindset and solidity makes our left side perfect for a speedy, aggressive, unpredictable left winger who isn’t fond of tracking back. And should allow the RB more license to bomb forward leaving 3 solid defenders back most of the time.

Stupidly, we haven’t got a fit wide player of that type, and we play a CB at RB. No point moaning about his shortcomings. We should be utilitising his strengths to attack elsewhere, but we don’t/can’t.

At the very least if either was fit, and with McNeils form, stick Dobbin or Danjuma in front of him with instructions to run their full back every single time, and cheat forward waiting for an out ball, pinning at least one side of the opposition back. Would still be space for Myko get to get the ball rolled back to him to recycle.

Use the lad’s strengths. Age old story, if he was still defensively solid but roared up and down the touchline whipping in perfect crosses, he wouldn’t be in another relegation fight, he’d be elsewhere.

I'm a Mykolenko convert, didn't rate him at first but now I see what he brings, my only real issue is he has this knack of heading, volleying the ball up into the air with no real direction. He has a good touch so there's no reason he couldn't take a step back and control it. Seems like a little bit panicky.

I've seen him overlap a lot so I've no problem with his lack of that recently, it's tactical without doubt.

If he can cut that out if his game, he can become a quality asset for us

He was good yesterday. Tidy all day long, not a hint of danger near him. No he’s not a great attacker but he does his primary job well which is more than most of the XI can say.