2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

He was about £18 million and is way below average for a Premier league full back. Don’t think he’s got a single assist in his entire time here under 3 managers.

You're absolutely clueless if you think Myko is in any way one of our many problems to focus on

We could have kept Digne and never bothered with this guy or Patterson. Thanks for that Rafael.

Patterson yes obviously was a disaster buy.

You're absolutely clueless if you think Myko is in any way one of our many problems to focus on

Patterson yes obviously was a disaster buy.

Modern full backs attack. He offers absolutely nothing. He’d have to be Maldini in defence to make up for his attacking deficiencies, and he really isn’t.
He’s a full back we should have paid about £6 million for as back up.

Modern full backs attack. He offers absolutely nothing. He’d have to be Maldini in defence to make up for his attacking deficiencies, and he really isn’t.

You've missed his sweet shots on goal then? 😅

Honestly I'm not saying he's brilliant by any means but left back is definitely not our prime concern!

Speaking of Maldini like I'm reminded of the very fact that Gary Stevens was superior.

Well good thing for him is that our football is anything but modern so "defend first" full backs are way more valued.

Talk about him being solid defensively all you want but him and whoever is playing right back are crippling an already insipid attack.

Two years in people should know what Myko is and isn't going to give.

He's not going to give much at all going forward bar scrambling the odd goal in as he's done. However generally he's been fantastic defensively pretty much every game he's played (compared to what has been put out on the right) and him and Branthwaite on the left side has been a big plus of the season in the partnership they've formed.

In other eras having a LB with little attacking ability would be a serious issue but far bigger ones in key parts of the team that aren't good enough.

You've missed his sweet shots on goal then? 😅

Honestly I'm not saying he's brilliant by any means but left back is definitely not our prime concern!

Speaking of Maldini like I'm reminded of the very fact that Gary Stevens was superior.
It’s a collective of concerns and saying players like Mykolenko are ok shows how far we have slipped he’s not a premier league player hardly transitions defence into attack he adds to our problems

He might as well not be there when we have the ball. I don’t know how much of that is him playing to Dyche instructions and how much to do with him.

I don’t think he is good enough going forward but equally Dyche’s tactics are severely restraining our fullbacks ambition when we’re on the ball and that’s really the biggest issue.