2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

Not sure we paid 20 millions for him...possibly close to that fee but would also include the addons. For an international player, still at a good age, the fee is not ridiculous. He has to come back into the side ASAP...it seems that he was ukraine best defensive player today.

He’s done absolutely nothing a bang average £5 million championship player wasn’t capable of.

Not sure we paid 20 millions for him...possibly close to that fee but would also include the addons. For an international player, still at a good age, the fee is not ridiculous. He has to come back into the side ASAP...it seems that he was ukraine best defensive player today.
I can’t believe that of all the players around the world, our scouting team picked this lad out.

Aspires to being one dimensional. Mykolenko looks a whole level below what is required.

Unfortunately, who is the alternative to him?

I'd love for him to prove me wrong and get his name the likes of Ray Wilson and Leighton Bsines as top left backs. I just doubt he will ever be capable of bring anywhere near that.

🙃

I'm probably in the minority here, but I thought he had a decent game. Kept Saka quiet for the most part. I don't fully blame him for the goal, he was marking Saka, then Saka drifted central, Henderson made a run into the box which Myko covered, just as Walker ran into space for the goal. Whoever should have been on walker(Mudryk?) is more to blame. How can he be marking all 3 players?

I always assumed it was some kind of laundering. I can imagine they thought he would become a standard quality LB. Nothing great, but serviceable.
Turns out, no he just isn't up to it.
He was fairly highly touted when he was coming through a few years back.

We seemed to pay 20 odd million for the player that was coming through 4 years afterwards after showing he wasn't all that.

He just does nothing.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I thought he had a decent game. Kept Saka quiet for the most part. I don't fully blame him for the goal, he was marking Saka, then Saka drifted central, Henderson made a run into the box which Myko covered, just as Walker ran into space for the goal. Whoever should have been on walker(Mudryk?) is more to blame. How can he be marking all 3 players?
He had almost the entire left quarter of the field marked up as his zone during that goal.

I’d agree. He sprinted in very quickly and was willing to foul (and hurt) Saka every time he got the ball in the first 10 mins. That set the tone and Saka just kept his feet on the touch line to give width after that. Not much else.

He did show exactly why he is criticised though as he either chipped it (pretty badly) to the centre forward or passed it to Zinchenko like he was the cool kid at school and Myko really really wanted to be his friend.

Couple of times he went very far forward in acres of space but the cross field pass never came. Overall he did ok against the media’s favourite English wide player. Very very basic defending, but effective enough apart from when he was hopelessly overloaded.

Very rarely go out of my way to watch England, yesterday was no exception, reading he was 3rd highest rated player, behind both goal scores.