2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

It’s a good question, but my guess is not everything is as clear cut as it appears.
He might have taken the position he was instructed to, he was marking someone after all. If we do zonal (which apparently we do) maybe Myko was doing his job / position and McNeil was a floater and should have been picking up anyone outside of the ‘zones’.
Could simply be a case of Myko dropping a proverbial ‘b’ but the whole set up from set pieces looks a bit off for every corner.
Yeah this. Either McNeil or Myko should have been switched on to their free man and made the adjustment to mark him. Neither player did anything.

Brilliant run by their scorer...bet he couldn't believe the space he got.

I thought Myko did well again today.

If you look at it from a perspective of he gave the easy pass and didn't too much wrong (apart from the goal) then I agree. But it's the complete lack of ambition past the half way line that kills us. We are one of the worst teams in the league and a huge part of that is because our full backs are terrible.

If you look at it from a perspective of he gave the easy pass and didn't too much wrong (apart from the goal) then I agree. But it's the complete lack of ambition past the half way line that kills us. We are one of the worst teams in the league and a huge part of that is because our full backs are terrible.
100%

We create chances. We are not the best at scoring them.

We create chances. We are not the best at scoring them.

Yes we have chances but it is never relentless pressure which results in a goal and I really think a huge part of it is down to our full backs being so poor.

Look throughout that 90 minutes today. The simple 5 yard pass constantly taken and the same aimless cross punted into the box. Our full backs should've been the best players on the pitch given the circumstances of Luton not wanting to do much more than defend yet neither of them did more than give a 5/10 performance.

I usually stick up for Myko but the defending for the second goal was really really poor. Did a nice back heel for Onana to sky first half but he was poor at his job yesterday. Still the best option at LB for me.

He seems terrified to cross the ball . He done one yesterday but the rest of the season I literally remeber just one more .. he always passes to the cb …

He seems terrified to cross the ball . He done one yesterday but the rest of the season I literally remeber just one more .. he always passes to the cb

Because we're back to Martinez levels of defending set pieces - no one knows what they're doing.
Back to basics, where was the communication, and awareness ? Overloaded and no midfield cover.

Sunday morning Ale House, comes to mind.

Big questions, many questions, but alas Goodison, hasn't been a fortress for years.

It's not healthy for the spirit.
Imho the 2nd half the reversion to ale House route 1 punts, in the last quarter of the game, was concerning.

Was there a lack of character, or is it there's no real character in this squad?

But till death, us do part!

UTFTs!