Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I apologise I took it from a list of them on talking bass but having gone back to find it for you it is but it's bloody hilarious, following him on twitter now ;)

Have to say though there are a number of real tweets of similar ilk and it's so funny to watch

Its @Kloppsicola isnt it? Took me a second tbh to twig it was a wind up account, shows you how bad the other lot are

Everton not pursuing deal for Virgil van Dijk despite increased speculation
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../everton-virgil-van-dijk-southampton-13298043

I rest my case. Close this thread and stop living in a dream world.

think liverpool need to stop living in the dream world as well tbh. They need to be more realistic in their dealings. They need to buy about 10 players to have a squad that could compete with the likes of us, arsenal and united, but yet they're "going" after three players with a monstrous fee after already getting one who ... ermm, doesn't get in their first team? it's possible.

Depends what you see as elite - if that's just the clubs who currently happen to be slightly above us at this point in time

But there's c. 1,899,970 clubs who'd likely be seeing us as 'elite' - surely, globally and in the history of humans kicking balls around fields over the last 100 years or so we're up there?

Clearly this is a discussion about our transfers in the context of the Premier League. Sunday league teams have no relevance.

We're not an elite club in this discussion.

Its @Kloppsicola isnt it? Took me a second tbh to twig it was a wind up account, shows you how bad the other lot are
Yes!!! Haha you are spot on! A few I've read through are so convincing it took me until I read the henderson being worth messi money to make my mind up, even that lot aren't that deluded....of it had said coutinho I'd still be on the fence!

Clearly this is a discussion about our transfers in the context of the Premier League. Sunday league teams have no relevance.

I've lost the thread of this, are you saying globally we are not an elite club? Not disputing just clarifying as I say I think I'm losing something I translation!?

Given the ambiguity around the definition of 'elite' in world / British football - you could probably argue validly for a number of cut off points. This presents an opportunity for us as Everton fans to argue that we're in the elite and build incremental credibility

Can't see how, as fans, we'd be helping the club's cause by saying we're not in it - when there's such a strong argument to say that we are in it we should be capitalising on that and helping the club move forward....

think liverpool need to stop living in the dream world as well tbh. They need to be more realistic in their dealings. They need to buy about 10 players to have a squad that could compete with the likes of us, arsenal and united, but yet they're "going" after three players with a monstrous fee after already getting one who ... ermm, doesn't get in their first team? it's possible.
Reading that article there, slightly off topic, but where and when did Van Dijk "express his desire to join Liverpool", for i cant find that quote anywhere, might just not be looking hard enough like.

This is very much happening.

My sources and when I say my sources, I mean the thoughts in my head, my sources tell me that we attempting this, we currently rate our chances at around 2.8%.

More news as I make it up later.
Yay, spurious statistics! Been a while since they've been a thing on here, or so it feels.

It'd be a cracking signing if it came off, this. Mainly for winding up the rs ofc, but also bacause he's really good! Seems an outside chance though, I'd imagine a champ league club or two (or a dozen) will go in for him if a bid is accepted.

Still, fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.