Villa game sold out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest, is a sell out every seat gone, or do we consider a sell out as all the good seats - restricted views ?
Sound silly i know, same with the away fans included, is it a sell out when the away is all sold or just the home allocation ?
Villa is totally sold out including restricted views mate

The mid-80s was the nadir for football attendances. Can't remember exactly but our 33,000 average when winning the league was only a notch behind the RS despite their unbroken period of success for the previous 10 years or more. It was also only 5,000 or so behind Utds I think.

Yes....United were not pulling in great crowds in those days.

Football had really gone out of fashion by the time we had a winning team again.

I remember sitting in the Top Balcony against Cov one day circa 1982......there were about 14,000 hardy souls in the ground and it was desolate.

I think the natch was scoreless as well which helped toward creating an atmosphere of doom and gloom :(

Yes....United were not pulling in great crowds in those days.

Football had really gone out of fashion by the time we had a winning team again.

I remember sitting in the Top Balcony against Cov one day circa 1982......there were about 14,000 hardy souls in the ground and it was desolate.

I think the natch was scoreless as well which helped toward creating an atmosphere of doom and gloom :(
That was new years eve of 1983/84.The previous season we had rearranged game in May 83 v Coventry which attracted just 12000 on a week night, our lowest league gate post war.

Thats good news, i love it when goodison is bouncing and both fans are singing their lungs out. We will always sing loudest of course..
I find the Goodison atmosphere a bit diluted in our sell outs. Like the few extra thousand sap the voice of the others. Haven't really sang since Man Utd last yr, in teams of the whole crowd getting going.

I find the Goodison atmosphere a bit diluted in our sell outs. Like the few extra thousand sap the voice of the others. Haven't really sang since Man Utd last yr, in teams of the whole crowd getting going.

There is some truth in that, i think the problem we have is last season Martinez attacked almost every team we played against, even the likes of Arsenal and united have that "this is our yard, how dare you come here to take points" attitude, we were arrogant as martinez said.
This year teams have sat back to block our free flowing football, couple that with injuries and international breaks, a few teams havent got going yet, injuries have hit us worse than anyone - united can be in the same bracket but when you have £600k per week upfront minus van persie, were not even in the same league.

Who, genuinely, was at the Wimbledon v Everton game at Selhurst Park in January 1993?
Lowest PL attendance 3,039.....

I was in the crowd for Newcastle's lowest gate in a league cup tie. I had a free ticket.

approx 7500 for a 2nd round tie against Bury

In conversations with my Geordie mates since, it appears that there were over 52000 there.

Deluded as always

Status
Not open for further replies.