"View from your seat"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taff

Player Valuation: £1m
Looking at buying an obstructed view ticket in TB2 (top balcony).

Website says there's a 'view from your seat' option. However, I can't find this anywhere. Any help on that?

Should I be concerned about the obstruction...or should I just go for it?

Something around this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Given their crappy outlook on things a few posters/kopite lurkers on here have, I'd say "view from your seat" applies to their arseholes.

Looking at buying an obstructed view ticket in TB2 (top balcony).

Website says there's a 'view from your seat' option. However, I can't find this anywhere. Any help on that?

Should I be concerned about the obstruction...or should I just go for it?

I sit row G TB1 and the only obstruction is a post that covers the corner of the park end-main stand side so it's a decent view, depends how far back you are if that helps

This is what I didn't understand...Row C in TB2...I can't see how it's an obstructed view.

From what I'm lead to believe: 'obstructed view' means a pillar is blocking part of the goal.

This is what I didn't understand...Row C in TB2...I can't see how it's an obstructed view.

From what I'm lead to believe: 'obstructed view' means a pillar is blocking part of the goal.

No.....that is a common misconception.

I sit near the front in the LB.

You go about ten rows back and you lose sight of the ball it it goes fifty feet in the air.

And the further back you go, the worse it gets.

At the very back of the LB I reckon you lose sight of the ball if it goes more than twelve or fifteen feet in the air.

This is because of the overhang from the Upper Bullens coming so far down.

It is horrendous....and it is claustrophobic....and being as the away fans are housed there, it is downright embarrassing that in my matchgoing career I have seen Goodison Park go from the most modern stadium in England to what must be the most user unfriendly of all the major stadiums.

(not that I am worried about the away fans as such, but they discuss their experience on other boards I frequent and I hate not being able to refute their words :mad:)

I do believe an "obstructed view" warning comes with all those tickets :(

If anyone harbours lingering sentimentality toward the Old Lady, I suggest they try viewing a match from the high letter rows in the Lower Bullens :)

Then you will know why ol' Khal says Bramley Dock or bust :pint2:

Oh.....and before any wise guy asks "well if it is so bad, why do you sit in the back of the LB you daft arl sod", it is because I frequently have friends and relatives over from Ireland or the States and I let them have my seat, which has a clear view, so I sit further back in the same section so we can meet at half time etc. and not feel ashamed of Lower Bullens.

Ya happy with that explanation @chicoazul and @ianefc :rant:

Last edited:

You go about ten rows back and you lose sight of the ball it it goes fifty feet in the air.

At the very back of the LB I reckon you lose sight of the ball if it goes more than twelve or fifteen feet in the air.

It is horrendous....and it is claustrophobic....and being as the away fans are housed there, it is downright embarrassing that in my matchgoing career I have seen Goodison Park go from the most modern stadium in England to what must be the most user unfriendly of all the major stadiums.

(not that I am worried about the away fans as such, but they discuss their experience on other boards I frequent and I hate not being able to refute their words :mad:)

If anyone harbours lingering sentimentality to the Old Lady, I suggest they try viewing a match from the high letter rows in the Lower Bullens :)

Bring back the old casey ball. It wouldn't get very high in the air.

99.99% of modern footballers would need stretchering off and months of rehab / counselling if they ever got a wet Casey blamed against their cold thigh in the middle of January! Bleeding wusses!

If anyone harbours lingering sentimentality toward the Old Lady, I suggest they try viewing a match from the high letter rows in the Lower Bullens :)

Oh.....and before any wise guy asks "well if it is so bad, why do you sit in the back of the LB you daft arl sod", it is because I frequently have friends and relatives over from Ireland or the States and I let them have my seat, which has a clear view, so I sit further back in the same section so we can meet at half time etc. and not feel ashamed of Lower Bullens.

Ya happy with that explanation @chicoazul and @ianefc :rant:

I learnt this when I sat at the back of lower gwladys. Shocking tickets. Added atmosphere did not make up for it one bit!

I've had some obstructed views at Goodison none of which were that bad. Top balcony is great tho. Had my first time there last Monday, slightly restricted view of the goal at the park end but a great vantage point.

The obstruction will be one of those two massive pillars they have to support the roof. I can't envisage it blocking the goal. Also, you can always bend your neck around the pillars.

Far worse at the back of the Gwladys (upper and lower) where you spend half the match bent over in order to see what's happening at the Park End.

The obstruction will be one of those two massive pillars they have to support the roof. I can't envisage it blocking the goal. Also, you can always bend your neck around the pillars.

Far worse at the back of the Gwladys (upper and lower) where you spend half the match bent over in order to see what's happening at the Park End.

Even if it was built 1000 years ago...How was the stand ever designed so badly? Who looked at that view and said "yep, that'll do"

Status
Not open for further replies.