Victor Valdes ~ Free agent??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i would have him in a heartbeat. He wont take a pay cut, he left Barca to go for the money at monaco and failed his medical.

He's looked good in a team like Barcelona that keep the ball and barely have to defend. His passing and distribution skills are as good as you'll find, but he's an average shot stopper and awful from set pieces. Proper flapper.

I can see him being as bad as De Gea was in his first season. He doesn't have youth on his side and at 32 is he going to adapt to the physical and aerial part of the prem, because he's going to have to?

Still think Howard can get back to his best.

If we want a new goalkeeper, we should target the top teams 2nd choice keepers.
If we had money for a keeper i would love to take a pick from steve mandanda (marseille) perin (genoa) kameni (malaga) cech (chelsea-dream). Best keepers for me now are in Germany.

Yes i would have him in a heartbeat. He wont take a pay cut, he left Barca to go for the money at monaco and failed his medical.

He never failed a medical, just suffered a bad injury prior to the move.

Anyway, he isn't all that, but I can picture him pissing himself at our wage offer, and even more so the theory that he was only going to provide back up to bloody Howard.

He'd be wanting double what Howard's on.

A player has half a dozen poor games and bam he's a hack and needs to be replaced.

He'd be wanting double what Howard's on.

A player has half a dozen poor games and bam he's a hack and needs to be replaced.

The problem is the older Howard gets the more likely it becomes that he will not get back to his best, same with Distin and Jagielka.

We need to be lining up replacements anyway, they just might be needed earlier then expected.

a) He's crap
b) He's going to Liverpool

He is not though. People still go with the image of him from his early years which were strewn with errors. He became a much much better keeper and was solid in his general play. Rarely made errors of judgements in covering his box or coming out to close down. His only bloopers would be the odd pass that would go wrong, which will always happen occasionally when your keeper is expected to play to a player and not hoof. Pretty decent passer too, and not bad on the long throws.

If we want a new goalkeeper, we should target the top teams 2nd choice keepers.
If we had money for a keeper i would love to take a pick from steve mandanda (marseille) perin (genoa) kameni (malaga) cech (chelsea-dream). Best keepers for me now are in Germany.
Think so too. A lot of what is right in football can be found in Germany lately.

I think Mignolet is pretty good actually, just has had a rough season so far.

My Kopite mates who aren't complete tits when it comes to having a reasoned discussion don't rate Mignolet at all. He's always been rated for his shot stopping ability but from what I see he nearly always parries the ball out centrally. The missus thinks he has wrists made of chocolate. Reina was and still is a far better keeper than him

Status
Not open for further replies.