Victor Anichebe - £3.5m bid from WBA allegedly turned down (according to Daily Mail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only regret selling him because we have so few strikers. He'd have been a far better backup striker than Jelavic this season, late on in games as he can use his physicality. Plus at the end of his Everton career he definitely cut out the moaning and started slotting more.

Don't get me wrong, £6m was amazing business, but what does good outgoing business mean to us as a fanbase if that money vanishes into the ether?

Yeah, this is the point.

It's not like we've used that 6 million to bring in anyone.

Yeah, this is the point.

It's not like we've used that 6 million to bring in anyone.

I feel like half of our fans are content with profit margins over points. Sure, Jelavic was ace business. Felli was good business. But ffs we don't spend half of this cash, so I'd rather rebuff good bids for our players and actually keep them. Ultimately you can't field a massive wad of unspent cash in games.

I'd have preferred keeping him, where has the 6m we got for him gone? Seemed a case of selling him just for the sake of it or to buy another new lawnmower in the summer

Good finish from the lad.

Let's not pretend he's the type of player we need though, as about 8 years of evidence suggest otherwise.

Not sure if i agree with that. The way we're playing right now, someone who can hold the ball up with their back to goal would be very useful.

Not sure if i agree with that. The way we're playing right now, someone who can hold the ball up with their back to goal would be very useful.

Agree with that actually. Wins plenty of free kicks as well and we all know how good we are from them!

As a 15-20 minute player he's quite useful

As made up for the lad as I am, and glad he scored today, I think people need to swerve the 'why did we sell him?/I'd prefer that we'd kept him' stuff.

We had 8 years of evidence of what he could do for us. Let's not rewrite history. He's hardly been pulling up trees for WBA, that was only his 2nd goal for them since joining them.

I wish him well, but we've all moved on, and when everyone is fit, what we have now is much better.

Our best striker last season its not just his goals he unsettles defenders and he is the best back to goal forward in the prem!
Maybe if he was still here Lukaku could look and learn to do it,then he would be worth the money some are quoting

Only his 2nd goal for WBA.... and now he's suddenly boss and 'why did we sell him?'

Can't wait for the Jelavic thread when he finally scores for Hull....

Status
Not open for further replies.