VAR

To assist with making decisions. It's been doing it for a few years with stuff like Moreno's disallowed goal when we played Villa or even something like Henderson's disallowed injury time 'winner' in the derby a few years back.

It was introduced due to strong support for video to be used in football as it was in many other sports.

Not sure how you're baffled after all this time.
It has been implemented very wrongly for me. There is a system that would seem more even handed. 3 booths, 3 viewers, 3 votes as quick as possible. Do it on the numbers. It's a lot harder to corrupt random selections of three for any specific game. Introduce the wild card aspect. It would also allay the fears of the fix.

Hmm. Eyeballing the with and without VAR tables (before todays games mind) it seems to have made no difference to anything. Same winners, same euro spots, same relegation.

The trade-off for how much it is ruining the sport just isn't worth it.

I mean just for the Coventry Utd cup semi it needs binning.
If that was the other way round and an ultimately correct VAR decision went against Man Utd to give Coventry the win or take it to extra time nobody (apart from Man U) would have an issue with it.

It has been implemented very wrongly for me. There is a system that would seem more even handed. 3 booths, 3 viewers, 3 votes as quick as possible. Do it on the numbers. It's a lot harder to corrupt random selections of three for any specific game. Introduce the wild card aspect. It would also allay the fears of the fix.
Absolutely nothing allays fears of a fix. Tribal bias and footballing victimhood sees the fix everywhere and there is absolutely no system whatsoever that overcomes that.

Not sure a system that places emphasis on speed over everything works either. May as well just let refs and assistants to crack on without it. But it's been shown that fans get just as upset about that and complain about fixes and corruption.

To assist with making decisions. It's been doing it for a few years with stuff like Moreno's disallowed goal when we played Villa or even something like Henderson's disallowed injury time 'winner' in the derby a few years back.

It was introduced due to strong support for video to be used in football as it was in many other sports.

Not sure how you're baffled after all this time.
thanx for that, you can add Rodri's handball against us too etc etc

I know we are rudderless at the moment but the people still with some say at Everton should be compiling a strongly worded document this morning condemming that decision and demanding a full account of how and why that decision was made. If we let this go we are part of the problem. Just too many of these incidents have cost us points this season. With the deductions and these manic decisions against us on a constant basis it really has cost us a top half finish. Not fair on the Club, the manager, the players and staff and more importantly the fans. Don't let this go Everton please, demand answers, kick up serious trouble over it. The football world this time will be on your side it was that blatant. Let this go and you are mugs.

It was an onfield decision to not give the handball wasn't it? In this instance VAR has told the ref to look again at a handball he hadn't given or had missed. I'm not entirely sure how this is something to put in the anti-VAR camp.
It goes in the anti VAR camp because it's pretty much the perfect example of why a lot of people hate VAR - you go through the whole pantomime with all the time it takes and he moment being ruined and and all that and you STILL don't get the right decision.

Surprise surprise that muppet on sky defending his fellow ref again...

Had to laugh when he says it's the right decision because it was made by the man on the pitch, not someone not st the game....in that case may as well scrap v.a.r right?
I missed it. What was his reasoning for saying the correct decision was made?

I missed it. What was his reasoning for saying the correct decision was made?
Apparently he didn't think it was handball...

DERMOT'S VIEW: "I didn't think it was handball. What I did like is that the referee went and made a decision. Michael Oliver deemed the handball not deliberate. You might not agree with the decision but you understand the referee has made the decision rather than someone that isn't at the game."

Apparently he didn't think it was handball...

DERMOT'S VIEW: "I didn't think it was handball. What I did like is that the referee went and made a decision. Michael Oliver deemed the handball not deliberate. You might not agree with the decision but you understand the referee has made the decision rather than someone that isn't at the game."
This shows it’s all about backing his mate, he isn’t even able to explain the reason why it isn’t handball from a football perspective. Laughable.