VAR

I read somewhere that Oliver doesn’t like having his decisions questioned by the var team as he sees himself as the top dog referee - suspect that was him slapping them back down today
100% that's what it seemed like to me, pure ego. It'll all get forgotten about because the season's over and it made no difference to either team's league placing but it would be really interesting to hear the audio for that one.

Maybe I'm just living in my own little world but I don't really think that was a handball, think the ref got it right. You can argue consistency across a season of course but in the spirit of the game I don't want to see handball given for situations like that, even if it is against us!

Watch it again mate

I read somewhere that Oliver doesn’t like having his decisions questioned by the var team as he sees himself as the top dog referee - suspect that was him slapping them back down today
He's a divvy. It's like when he gave that Man United lad 2 yellow cards for dissent in the last minute at Mordor, just so he could make himself centre of attention. He needs shoving down a few leagues.

Maybe I'm just living in my own little world but I don't really think that was a handball, think the ref got it right. You can argue consistency across a season of course but in the spirit of the game I don't want to see handball given for situations like that, even if it is against us!
Why? He deliberately played it with his arm. Because it was by his side? That's to judge ball to hand for penalty's only. If players can use their arm to control the ball based on its position then the spirit of the game has got up and left a long time ago.

So obvious he deliberately used his arm the way he did to get away from our player in the middle of the park. Arm at his side yes, but it was done so in a way to gain an advantage. Knew exactly what he was doing.

Without controlling that ball with his arm he does not control it take that into account if he meant it not it is handball
good job there was nothing riding on that result for Everton the ref screwed us over he would of give handball if it was up the other end pretty convinced of that

Just an awful decision by the referee. Not really anything to do with the system today. Although the current Var system is not effective either.
Right, its just a good example of the system caught it, but the real problem is the referee in charge. The tool is there available for them to use, but they have their own agenda instead.