VAR

You just knew when he walked over that the sad little herbert and pathetic excuse for a man that is Chris Kavanagh would send him off.

How many red cards as he gave us now it is beyond any doubt that the lickspittle gimp has a clear and obvious agenda against Everton. It wasn't even a foul and a booking would have been laughable but a straight red card for that is disgraceful.

IMG-20240104-WA0033.jpg

Bumping this shitshow of a thread.

One of the worst decisions I have ever seen and I think I say that every week now.

Referees are too scared to go against VAR when sent to the screen. They need to grow a set or fine the nobs.
Problem is when VVD studs Onana. Or Haaland does an Everton player last season, mitrovic last season, I’ve seen mctominay, fernandes do stud challenges, Thiago has done about 4/5 stud challenges and they never go to the screen when it’s a big 6 challenge. We seen exactly the same with the Allen challenge at Newcastle, straight to screen and a red card

The referee who is feet away doesn't appear convinced it's a foul, let alone a yellow, let alone a red.

Yet once he trots over to the monitor he is willing to just get the red out. He's basically admitting himself that he doesn't have a clue, that even though he saw it perfectly from close range he got the decision massively wrong. If he's admitting that himself then he has to admit he's not good enough to be a PL referee.

Or he could grow a set and defend his own decision.

No excuse to not overturn it. Rules have just been read out in the studio and it doesn’t meet any of the criteria to be a red. At a stretch you could argue studs raised is endangering an opponent but it’s clutching and you’d be getting a red every game.