Utterly incandescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit surprised that absolutely no one in the media has understood why Everton have done this. All I am reading is "it won't change anything". Well no, it won't change that result but it will put Everton back in the minds of the referees and get them to think twice next time they are about to give us another stinking decision.

That's the point and it's pretty obvious if you've half a brain cell.

I'm a bit surprised that absolutely no one in the media has understood why Everton have done this. All I am reading is "it won't change anything". Well no, it won't change that result but it will put Everton back in the minds of the referees and get them to think twice next time they are about to give us another stinking decision.

That's the point and it's pretty obvious if you've half a brain cell.
It was an horrific decision. An apology is worth SFA. We are regularly being screwed by rubbish decisions. Don't get me started on Clive Thomas.

Referees should be made to explain their decisions. It will increase scrutiny and pressure on them but it will also provide accountability. There was no VAR in the past so it might be unreasonable to expose them to split second decisions but with VAR and time to think before deciding, there's no more excuses not to make them explain.

Bollocks to an apology. Where the hell is the public explanation about why Kavanaugh made the decision he did, and what punishment is he going to get for either blissfully ignoring his own responsibilities or the public scolding about how incompetent he was?

An apology does absolutely jack except reinforce what we already know: we are and will continue to be nothing but a pawn in a sport that cares only for the clubs who bring in the money.

Please can the City's, RS and the rest of the scab six just [Poor language removed] to a country that holds football in as much contempt as those cheats do so the rest of us can try and salvage something of what was once a great sport.

He didn’t even review the play when he was told by ATKINSON to look at the monitor. His mind was already made up. Fuming. Nothing will improve unless action is taken. Apology my bum

Still fuming, but trying to balance things out in my head. If the penalty had been given, Richarlison would have taken it, and I wouldn’t have been completely confident that he’d score. Imagine the level of incandescent rage on here and in the Twitterverse if that had happened!

Maybe in retrospect it was the best outcome - an unlucky defeat against the champions, with plenty of positives to take forward.

Still F#@king fuming though.

Well, Villa stayed up at Bournemouth's expense two years ago due to an utterly woeful decision in their game against Sheffield United, where United had a shot that clearly went over the line, yet the goalline system didn't kick in and vibrate the ref's watch, and VAR refused to get involved to give the goal. Villa got a point, stayed up by a point in 17th place. If they'd have lost that game, they'd had (potentially, but you cannot say for sure how that result would have affected their other games..) finished level on points with Bournemouth, with a worse goal difference.

Bournemouth didn't get any kind of compensation as far as I know.

Different circumstances Gudbud.
The villa incident was about the failure of goal-line technology. An inanimate object with no bias.

The Citee incident is about the fact that the referee, his assistant, the fourth official, the VAR official, his assistant, and, the overlord of the VAR process failed to see the obvious. That is SIX persons with experience and responsibility who could not see any wrong. This, despite having well over two minutes with slo-mo and replays from various different angles, but were still unable to see the evidence.
Evidence they found within minutes of the game ending.
Lampard was right in his assessments. The only other explanation being that if it isn't incompetence, and not being able to produce evidence of bribery, there is only one other explanation.
VENDETTA!
Lee Mason has previous with his bias against Everton, and he being in total control over every VAR decision, has final word about every single match Everton are involved in. The investigations should start with him, critically with his position of being The Fat Controller.

Bollocks to an apology. Where the hell is the public explanation about why Kavanaugh made the decision he did, and what punishment is he going to get for either blissfully ignoring his own responsibilities or the public scolding about how incompetent he was?

An apology does absolutely jack except reinforce what we already know: we are and will continue to be nothing but a pawn in a sport that cares only for the clubs who bring in the money.

Please can the City's, RS and the rest of the scab six just [Poor language removed] to a country that holds football in as much contempt as those cheats do so the rest of us can try and salvage something of what was once a great sport.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.