Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the players did it anyway.

The club never forced anyone to do anything although they club did give over £400,000 to local people for free if that means anything.

It certainly should as it's some distance away from taking, or attempting to take the money away from the same people, the people who needed it most.

There's actually clubs out there who have or had intended to use this pot to pay all their staff, including the super rich players which only highlights the great work out club has done in the community, yet again.

Absolutely agree with you fella, great from the players, Directors and our club.
Just wanted the source of our redundancies quote from a fan who seems to jump on any perceived bad news from our club.

The fact we now have wages deferred for the playing staff and redundancies should put pay to this idea that we are being bankrolled by Usmanov.

We are not.
Let’s see, but like I’ve mentioned previously . I’ve heard a couple of podcasts, with football financial experts on. Saying Usmanov is involved and we have a lot of money behind us and to spend, but we are handicapped by FFP.

The thing is Usmanov seemed so desperate to bankroll Arsenal, since he’s left why hasn’t he gone to another club? Maybe there’s a good reason for this. But I’m sure he could have bought a number of clubs. The esk said AC Milan as soon as he sold up from Arsenal, who knows what his next move will be.

The fact we now have wages deferred for the playing staff and redundancies should put pay to this idea that we are being bankrolled by Usmanov.

We are not.

Although I also get the feeling that Usmanov is not seriously involved at Everton, I’m not sure that the wage deferral is an indicator of that.

The wage deferral prevents this years accounting period from looking awful, and it seems that the ‘losses’ in terms of FFP are measured within accounting periods. Which I personally think is daft, because a 30 million pound loss isn’t much of a loss if you happen to receive 40 million pound the day after.

Anyway, it probably makes sense to meet the expense of the deferred wages in the next accounting period, after the Car Zoo sponsorship has kicked in, and potentially after a deal for the sponsorship of our new stadium has been agreed.

Although I also get the feeling that Usmanov is not seriously involved at Everton, I’m not sure that the wage deferral is an indicator of that.

The wage deferral prevents this years accounting period from looking awful, and it seems that the ‘losses’ in terms of FFP are measured within accounting periods. Which I personally think is daft, because a 30 million pound loss isn’t much of a loss if you happen to receive 40 million pound the day after.

Anyway, it probably makes sense to meet the expense of the deferred wages in the next accounting period, after the Car Zoo sponsorship has kicked in, and potentially after a deal for the sponsorship of our new stadium has been agreed.

the wages that have been defend could be paid to the players in other ways. Isn't Citys manager meant to be paid half his wage by the owners to keep FFP down?

the wages that have been defend could be paid to the players in other ways. Isn't Citys manager meant to be paid half his wage by the owners to keep FFP down?
I’m pretty sure that’s against FFP and the sort of behaviour that got Rangers demoted.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.