Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet you the same people think Leeds are a big club though, even though they've spent half of their entire existence in the second and third tier of football. Their fans are going to be insufferable when they get promoted, mark my words. They'll be like Newcastle on steroids.
I worked briefly on the dismal side of the Pennines and trust me they already are that way. It's only a matter of time before we are all reminded.

I worked briefly on the dismal side of the Pennines and trust me they already are that way. It's only a matter of time before we are all reminded.

It's because the media tell them constantly they are but put the likes of us down by pitching us against West Ham and Newcastle etc. It really has an effect and brings out the delusions in fanbases like Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham etc. Every single metric puts them below us.

It's because the media tell them constantly they are but put the likes of us down by pitching us against West Ham and Newcastle etc. It really has an effect and brings out the delusions in fanbases like Leeds. Every single metric puts them below us.
They're not even the biggest team in Yorkshire now or historically.

Anyway back on some sort of Usmanov related topic. Can anyone else remember it being reported or assumed (maybe on this very thread!) that the £30 million option to name rights were going to be set against stadium costs and not be considered in the FFP calculations? Or is my recollection as blurred as a Man City book keeping ledger?

Anyway back on some sort of Usmanov related topic. Can anyone else remember it being reported or assumed (maybe on this very thread!) that the £30 million option to name rights were going to be set against stadium costs and not be considered in the FFP calculations? Or is my recollection as blurred as a Man City book keeping ledger?

The famous ‘ringfenced’ word was used

I think the point was though that it wasn't that long ago that we were contemporaries of these big spending clubs so we are making efforts to get back to where we were, not like a Johnny come lately splurging the cash in an effort to attain those levels for the first time.
Let's be honest with ourselves; it was a very long time ago. Half of our fans weren't even born.

To be fair that is the type of thing they should be looking at, £30m for first option to name a stadium that doesn’t even have planning permission to build yet. I mean that looks as dodgy as anything.

To be fair that is the type of thing they should be looking at, £30m for first option to name a stadium that doesn’t even have planning permission to build yet. I mean that looks as dodgy as anything.

Usmanov not officially being involved with the club will make it very difficult for them to do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.