Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way he talks about joining us in a sponsorship role and wearing Evertons colours (when he already has sponsership at the club) is odd - sounds like he's going to pump in a much larger ton of money (above market rates) which goes against FFP just as much as it would be him buying into us in an official capacity.

Part of me thinks he's going to either fund the stadium (if thats possible) and/or offer a large naming rights deal and argue nail and tooth with any UEFA officials and claim the popularity of the PL as to why he's paying so much in.

2020 is proving to be Davek's annus horribills. First, Duncan was actually ok and moved us forward. Second, Carlo told us that Duncan had done well, removing any hint of cone-laying. Third, The Uzbek has said he is about to invest (in some way) in us. Fourth..........the stadium gets planning
(fingers crossed)

Is there a limit on how much somebody can pay for naming/sponsorship rights?

Yes, its got to be what FIFA considers a fair market price.

For example United get 64m a year for their shirt sponsor, which is more than we currently earn from all our commercial deals combined.

United earn 280m a year from commerical, Everton earn around 60m.

I know we arent on a par with United, but im just pointing out the amount of scope we have to play with.

So USM couldnt give us 500m a year, but they could easily manage 200m.

They wont, im just using examples.

Normal market value is the norm.
However we will an Iconic stadium,on the waterfront in a WHS AREA in a City steeped in history and culture ,on a docklands site that will explode with development.
A stadium that can be seen from the offices of the Moshiri owned Liver building ,lit up in blue, and also seen by thousands of tourists as the approach on the many cruise ships that will sail up the Mersey
A stadium purpose built for the future, a stadium designed by a world class Architect.
A stadium that when lit up at night will take peoples breath away.
We are not talking about a ramshackle 100 +yr old stadium with a couple of loft extensions tacked on and a newish stand built at the expense of hundreds of locals homes.
So I would say 60m a year for 20 years would be about right

Yes, its got to be what FIFA considers a fair market price.

For example United get 64m a year for their shirt sponsor, which is more than we currently earn from all our commercial deals combined.

United earn 280m a year from commerical, Everton earn around 60m.

I know we arent on a par with United, but im just pointing out the amount of scope we have to play with.

So USM couldnt give us 500m a year, but they could easily manage 200m.

They wont, im just using examples.

So could we straight up match the world's top earners regarding sponsors

Look, I hope everyone else is right. I simply ask you to ask yourself why Usmanov would seriously negotiate about a stake in Everton in the FT when he can speak to Moshiri every day.

Makes no sense to me, and it should be seen as an idle statement in an interview about other matters.

Dave...he hasn't 'negotiated a stake' he's merely given an interview. You aren't seriously asking anyone to believe that Usman hadn't discussed all this with Mosh before the interview. They have both known for ages something like this would eventually come about.

Based on 'market rate' of which UEFA investigate and determine. I assume they just estimate as they provide no documentation about how the process or their own valuations work.

But I imagine there's probably easy contractual work arounds.

e.g.

5 year stadium sponsorship with USM for £200m

2 years into the deal, it's cancelled and replaced by a £400m 5 year deal with Megafone. For example.

Status
Not open for further replies.