Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense that Usmanov would stay directly out of the club for FFP rules.

So sponsoring the stadium with USM sounds like great plan, and also the training ground.

But from what I gather here: https://usm-group.com/company

USM is registered in Russia. The main shareholders of USM are Alisher Usmanov, Vladimir Skoch and Farhad Moshiri.

How would this get past FFP rules? and none conflict of interest?

He had no control at arsenal at all hence why he sold all his shares,hence why he's already here bagging in the likes of ancelotti.

So you see Moshiri giving up control of the club he bought and has funded for the last 3 years to his mate, because no way Usmanov buys into us and doesn't have a massive say in what goes on

On this.... He's not wrong though is he?
They're gunna see us coming.
who cares ?
They always saw City coming.
They didn't care.
They overpaid to get them where they wanted.
They are established and going nowhere.
FFP is 6 foot under.
I can't see a negative in a very rich man plying money to make the club fight with the big boys.
Usmanov doesn't invest in lemons,if he's putting his money in,it's because he intends to make his investment worth while.
Only way to do that, make Everton a major player again.
For a man that looks like a Jabba the Hutt model he's very savvy.

who cares ?
They always saw City coming.
They didn't care.
They overpaid to get them where they wanted.
They are established and going nowhere.
FFP is 6 foot under.
I can't see a negative in a very rich man plying money to make the club fight with the big boys.
Usmanov doesn't invest in lemons,if he's putting his money in,it's because he intends to make his investment worth while.
Only way to do that, make Everton a major player again.
For a man that looks like a Jabba the Hutt model he's very savvy.
See previous reply above.....
But I will say if / when we return to European competition, FFP may become an issue again. But again, I'm sure these fellas have thought of this already so who cares!

It makes sense that Usmanov would stay directly out of the club for FFP rules.

So sponsoring the stadium with USM sounds like great plan, and also the training ground.

But from what I gather here: https://usm-group.com/company

How would this get past FFP rules? and none conflict of interest?

I'm not an expert, but I believe FFP is based on "commercial reality" whereby a club cannot suddenly say they have agreed a sponsorship deal or any other form of commercial endorsement for a value that would be significantly in excess of any of their previous sponsorship contracts. USM cannot throw a hundred million in our direction and call it shirt sponsorship for example.

with Meis slightly changing the stadium plans due to cost I’m not sure the funding would be coming from Usmanov. Unless he’s only going to putting money in once the stadium is actually built

Status
Not open for further replies.