Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q: Where are you off to after the interview?

A: I lift weights a lot. Weight lifting defines my train of thought. Lifting heavy weights is a constant counteraction. When a huge barbell presses you down and you need to push it up, it looks like the efforts that you make in life.

Overcoming the force of gravity is the same as resolving a difficult situation and achieving success. Weight lifting is very much like my attitude to life. My working weight for the bench press is about 100 kilograms.
My weight lifting and attitude to life are also very similar

I've steered well clear of the latest round of ITK stuff. To be fair, the ITK stuff whether he is coming or not I have tended to avoid commenting upon. It's hard to prove or disprove much either way. When I have seen journalists clearly speculating on whether Usmanov was not coming here (or going to other clubs such as Milan, Charlton or Newcastle as many suggested and have been proven wrong).

Alongside that I have taken rumours on forums with a bit of a pinch of salt, but do factor the broad picture they illustrate.

One thing that keeps cropping up seems to be around his step son. Supposedly he has an office at Everton HQ (which hasn't been disputed from what I can see).

I was always a bit wary as to whether Usmanov would formally come on board. His son coming on board would make a lot of sense though, as Usmanov would likely want to have representation at the club but would not likely to be himself.

If it happened it would be very good for the club. It would likely tie the Usmanov wealth is passed down when he passes on and would hint at a far longer term involvement. I believe it's his only son so is likely to inherit all of the fortune. Having him cutting his teeth at Everton would be a big positive for me.

I've steered well clear of the latest round of ITK stuff. To be fair, the ITK stuff whether he is coming or not I have tended to avoid commenting upon. It's hard to prove or disprove much either way. When I have seen journalists clearly speculating on whether Usmanov was not coming here (or going to other clubs such as Milan, Charlton or Newcastle as many suggested and have been proven wrong).

Alongside that I have taken rumours on forums with a bit of a pinch of salt, but do factor the broad picture they illustrate.

One thing that keeps cropping up seems to be around his step son. Supposedly he has an office at Everton HQ (which hasn't been disputed from what I can see).

I was always a bit wary as to whether Usmanov would formally come on board. His son coming on board would make a lot of sense though, as Usmanov would likely want to have representation at the club but would not likely to be himself.

If it happened it would be very good for the club. It would likely tie the Usmanov wealth is passed down when he passes on and would hint at a far longer term involvement. I believe it's his only son so is likely to inherit all of the fortune. Having him cutting his teeth at Everton would be a big positive for me.
See his son, it was mentioned a lot years ago he wanted to leave his share in Arsenal to his son and for that reason he wasnt going to sell them. However if he does that his son coming in here would make a conflict of interest, so i dunno. Unless his son comes in on his behalf and he sells his shares in Arsenal.

See his son, it was mentioned a lot years ago he wanted to leave his share in Arsenal to his son and for that reason he wasnt going to sell them. However if he does that his son coming in here would make a conflict of interest, so i dunno. Unless his son comes in on his behalf and he sells his shares in Arsenal.

He sold his Arsenal shares a while ago mate.

I think he relinquished all control in Arsenal. It's a worthwhile point though, that Usmanov seems to view a football club as part of the inheritance for his stepson as much as for himself. This can only be a good thing if his son comes on board here.

Status
Not open for further replies.