Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acting like a 15 year old love sick bird who has just been dumped, hoping and praying that they’ll come back and all will be good.

BK was supposed to be leaving last month, he ain’t gone or look like he’s going anytime soon.

We are where we are and will remain so until the first spade goes into the dock, then some interest may peak. But even that looks a distant hope

Does being a forum supporter mean you can have such an incorrect slur in you profile? You need to change it straight away to "some bitches be crazy". I love my mum, she's not a bitch. :coffee:

Always happy to see new posts on the Usmanov thread. Even if he is off to Charlton!

With all due respect, how long did any of us know about him selling his shares in Arsenal was a certainty before he actually sold his shares? About the same amount of time from his announcement about looking for a buyer to the moment it occurred and not a second longer would be my guess. And can we all remember the swiftness from saying Kroenke was buying them to the time they were sold?

If he wants to buy a club (and that's still a considerable if), be it Charlton, Everton, Newcastle, or whoever, then my guess is that we'll all be aware of his intentions when they are announced (by him or his people) and not an instant before.

Any deal at the level of buying a football club will have leaks, with possibly Everton taking the longest time for leaks to arise due to the people involved being his people.

Time will tell ...

Does being a forum supporter mean you can have such an incorrect slur in you profile? You need to change it straight away to "some bitches be crazy". I love my mum, she's not a bitch. :coffee:
Why did you infer that @nsno-chris is putting your mum in the bitch category? I'm sure he thinks she is a lovely lady and respects her attributes in a modest and delightfully well-mannered way.

Usmanov bought shares in Arsenal
Usmanov gave some shares to Moshiri
Usmanov wanted a representative on the board of Arsenal and some control , he never got it
He wanted to create a legacy at a club
Usmanov bought those shares back off Moshiri for cash
Moshiri used that cash to buy a stake in Everton when the Yanks came sniffing
Usmanov said he would never sell his Arsenal shares
Usmanov bid for Kronke’s shares at above market price thus putting a higher value on his own shares
Usmanov said he would sell his shares in Arsenal but not to Kronke
Usmanov sold to Kronke and made a vast profit
Moshiri bought the Liver Building in partnership with Corestate in Corestate’s first venture into the British Market
Everton moved a lot of their headquarters into the Liver building
Moshiri wants to build a stadium on the docks in an area that is set for massive development and therefore massive profit
Moshiri wants to borrow money off the Council and give them 7m a year free money
in order to ingratiate the club and himself with the council ( the last bit is my opinion )
Usmanovs stepson owns a major building and developement company in Moscow
Moshiri has said that himself and Usmanov do everything together
Usmanov has said that if Moshiri asks for help he will give it as they are friends and buisness partners
Moshiri sits on the board of Usmanovs main company
Moshiri works for Usmanov as an accountant and buisness advisor
Moshiri has got the vast majority of his wealth through Usmanov
Usmanov has invested in Everton through USM Finch Farm already
The above are the facts
Dots on a piece of paper if you will
As @roydo says it’s how the dots join up that will determine the final outcome
Usmanov May come on board and buy the majority shareholding
He may buy a minority shareholding
He may or may not help with cheap stadium financing
He may continue to sponsor the club through USM
He may buy some other club and have a finger in 2 pies
One thing is for certain these lads don’t become billionaires and keep their money by telling part time journalists with the Daily Mirror /Echo their plans
The facts are there , we can all make our own conclusions from them , but until Usmanov does something publicly no one except those in his inner circle will know anything
I know which way I’m thinking

Always happy to see new posts on the Usmanov thread. Even if he is off to Charlton!

With all due respect, how long did any of us know about him selling his shares in Arsenal was a certainty before he actually sold his shares? About the same amount of time from his announcement about looking for a buyer to the moment it occurred and not a second longer would be my guess. And can we all remember the swiftness from saying Kroenke was buying them to the time they were sold?

If he wants to buy a club (and that's still a considerable if), be it Charlton, Everton, Newcastle, or whoever, then my guess is that we'll all be aware of his intentions when they are announced (by him or his people) and not an instant before.

Any deal at the level of buying a football club will have leaks, with possibly Everton taking the longest time for leaks to arise due to the people involved being his people.

Time will tell ...
If he buys into blue holdings in the IOM nobody but Moshiri needs to know until the paperwork is signed
These lads have a reason for everything they do
Moshiri already has an agreement in place to buy the rest of the shares

https://amp.ft.com/content/8221a448-8e8d-11e8-bb8f-a6a2f7bca546?__twitter_impression=true
Financial Times

Billionaire Alisher Usmanov explores sale of 30% Arsenal stake
Move marks beginning of the end of battle over English Premier League football club
http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2F537a46b8-8e9c-11e8-9609-3d3b945e78cf

Arsenal are preparing to move into a new era on the pitch as well as the boardroom © AFP

July 24, 2018 4:01 am by Murad Ahmed , Arash Massoudi and Patrick Jenkins in London
Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov is actively exploring a sale of his stake in Arsenal, accepting that the London-based football club’s majority owner, the US sports mogul Stan Kroenke, will never sell control to him.
Mr Usmanov, a metals magnate who owns 30 per cent of the English Premier League club, has grown frustrated that Mr Kroenke is unwilling to engage in takeover talks and has given up all hope of acquiring the club outright, according to two people familiar with his thinking.
“He was really frustrated that Kroenke wouldn’t sell at any price and now just wants out,” said one of those with knowledge of Mr Usmanov’s intentions.

The decision marks the beginning of the end of a long-running battle for control over Arsenal, with the club’s two biggest shareholders locked in a bitter feud having repeatedly clashed over the direction of the club.
Last October, Mr Usmanov turned down a £525m offer from Mr Kroenke to acquire his shareholding, saying: “I have always been and will continue to be an ardent supporter of Arsenal and I see my 30 per cent stake as an important aspect in protecting the best interests of the fans in the club.”
A few months earlier, it was Mr Usmanov who made a $1.3bn bid to acquire Mr Kroenke’s 67 per cent stake, which is held through the US billionaire’s investment vehicle KSE UK, only to be rejected.
http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2F404bf3a2-8e9c-11e8-9609-3d3b945e78cf

Alisher Usmanov is actively exploring a sale of his stake in Arsenal © AFP
Mr Usmanov has said he is willing to sell to any party — other than Mr Kroenke — who “shares my and undoubtedly the majority of fans’ vision for the club.”
But a person close to Mr Usmanov added this is a difficult sales pitch: he does not have a board seat at Arsenal or any say over the running of the club. Any new shareholder is likely to face the same problems with Mr Kroenke in effective control.
It remains unclear if Mr Usmanov has begun talks with interested parties, though another person familiar with Mr Usmanov’s thinking said the “logical buyer” would be Mr Kroenke.
A sale could also end the impasse in the boardroom just as Arsenal prepares to move into a new era on the pitch.
At the end of last season, Arsène Wenger departed the club he managed for 22 years. Though the French coach has been credited with revolutionising English football, introducing modern tactics and training techniques to guide Arsenal to several major trophy victories, the club’s on-pitch fortunes have waned in recent years leaving some fans disillusioned.
In May, Arsenal appointed Spanish manager Unai Emery as Wenger’s successor.
Mr Usmanov, who was born in what is now Uzbekistan, first acquired shares in Arsenal in 2007, when he teamed up with Anglo-Iranian businessman Farhad Moshiri to buy a 14.6 per cent stake for £75m. In 2016, Mr Usmanov increased his stake to 30 per cent, buying out Mr Moshiri, who went on to acquire rival Premier League club Everton.
Mr Kroenke also bought into Arsenal in 2007 and became majority shareholder four years later.
Mr Usmanov and Arsenal declined to comment. A representative for Mr Kroenke did not respond to requests for comment.
@catcherintherye Do you have a link to The Financial Times article you mentioned that links Usmanov and Everton as I must have missed it? Thanks.

%100 he is coming to Everton, in fact I would even say its a done deal, I would go as far to say its one reason why we have heard nothing on the ground, because they have had to go back to square one on the financial side of things since he did that deal with his Arsenal shares

FYI a bitch is the correct terminology for a female dog, which are crazy. I have no idea why you’d reference your mum in that way.

Oh and words on the internet don’t hurt people

Chelsea were the same before Abramovich bought them now they are a club with a top 10 biggest fan bases on the planet,same with City pretty much a local fan base and they have gatecrashed that top 10 with new glory hunters.

No they weren't. They were already a massive club pre-Abramovich with players like Desailly, Zola, Weah, finishing regularly top 4/6 for a good 8 years before Abramovich poled up. Lets not try to re-write history just because it suits your agenda.

No they weren't. They were already a massive club pre-Abramovich with players like Desailly, Zola, Weah, finishing regularly top 4/6 for a good 8 years before Abramovich poled up. Lets not try to re-write history just because it suits your agenda.

That's "Kopite behaviour" all over, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.