Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot dismiss the possibility he will end up at Everton "because good things don't happen to us" - hardly a logical argument.

He may, or he may not come - the only truth we know is that he has said if Moshiri needs his help, he'll get it. Everything else is pure speculation. Davek, Esk, Lewis, Me, you the reader or any other fecker knows nothing more than the statements made by the man himself. You can pretend to know, you can argue passionately about how crap we are and why he would not want to come here or vice versa, but you cannot know.

Or you can be an utter miserable b******d and peddle gloom for the rest of your life, because it gives you the attention you seek, whilst pretending to be an ITK, who simply makes it up as he goes along.

If it happens, it happens, if not, we already have a nice arrangement that the moaners can't now deny have put funds into the club.

It's a really ridiculous argument, as how did we end up with his sponsorship? How did we end up with Moshiri (who is an improvement on Kenwright). How did we have an owner who built us the best ground in the world? Or John Moores ploughing a small fortune into us? How did Brands job Chelsea and Arsenal to come to us? Or Silva job Benfica and Watford?

I remember the "good things never happen" being given as a reason why Usmanov would never sell his shares in Arsenal. It was stupid then, and proven to be untrue, and it is stupid now. Usmanov will have taken an objective analysis that goes beyond magical thinking of "good things never happen" to looking at data and possibilities. Whatever his decision is, it won't be based on an unfounded fatalistic pessimism.

Ah, look who joined the party, the ol’ red Echo.

They refer to The Mirror story, of course, as if they’d do any proper journalistic work. Doesn’t stop them putting out a snippet to make it seem like he’s bid for them to get them clicks, though.

Absolutely hate that rag of a local paper. We should ban it.

Don't the Mirror and the Echo come out of the same Trinity shed in Oldham??
'Nuff said.

Thats it's Chelsea I'm sure he bought for a pound as well not 20 million.They also had a ground in the wealthiest area of one of the wealthiest cities in the world. As you say had won a lot in the proceeding years and had an infrastructure on the field that was ready to be kicked on.

Manchester City were the 2nd team in a big football city but had more of a foothold in the city than arguably their illustrious neighbours. They also had a base of a stadium without complications that could be easily converted to be a football stadium (unlike the Olympic stadium which would need to be rebuilt at huge cost).

Charlton have a pretty ordinary stadium, and are landlocked. They are languishing in the 3rd tier. The league above is probably one of the most competitive leagues in Europe to get out of.

Spot the difference.

Then ask yourself, is there a PL club, pursuing a new ground, with a history of winning trophies (say has won several leagues through it's history) who is not a renowned global brand (so has huge room for growth) but is also very well rooted in a football city with only 1 other competitor. A team that has been in the PL for a long time (maybe even all the time) and has generally been in the top 8 but needed further investment to kick on. I wonder if an investor put those criteria in (which are clearly some of the criteria used for City/Chelsea). I wonder who might come up quite highly on the list? I'll give you a clue, it's not Charlton.
You`re building yourself up to be massively disappointed, if he was coming on board officially at Everton surely he would have done it by now?
Whats the holdup? He only has to add his name to Blue Heaven Holdings in the IOM and its done

You`re building yourself up to be massively disappointed, if he was coming on board officially at Everton surely he would have done it by now?
Whats the holdup? He only has to add his name to Blue Heaven Holdings in the IOM and its done

Well there's logic to that argument but I can't really see why he wouldn't have already taken over Charlton if that's what he wanted, given that the owner is desperate to sell.

In fact any delay is more likely to point to an Everton takeover as he's waiting for stadium plans/ funding to be finalised before he jumps on board.

When my dad was alive he was Charlton, I went with him to his first Charlton game which was the opening of the Valley, 1992 I think, it’s still to this day one of my best football days I ever had.
So if it’s true that Usmanov is going to plough his money in there instead of Everton then it’s the next best thing for me.

I agree,it would have been done now if he was coming to us,the silence has been deafening for weeks since he sold those shares at Arsenal.

Maybe he wants a London team in the city he resides in,doing exactly what Al Fayed did at Fulham who are similar size club to Charlton,he'd buy the club for peanuts and attract decent players with the pull of London,i really don't think he'd care for Football league FFP sanctions,after QPR got away with in that pitiful fine he could spend loads on players getting them to the PL in 3 seasons.

Seems to be more articles in the English papers covering the story now.:(

There is literally no substance to that Echo/Mirror story whatsoever.

Besides that, they miss the point that he may never assume control of Everton but still pump millions into it through his companies.
Giving us free money while pretty much being silent partner while his best mate gets the plaudits and also getting no returns.

That's to good be true i hope you're right though.

Acting like a 15 year old love sick bird who has just been dumped, hoping and praying that they’ll come back and all will be good.

BK was supposed to be leaving last month, he ain’t gone or look like he’s going anytime soon.

We are where we are and will remain so until the first spade goes into the dock, then some interest may peak. But even that looks a distant hope

Why did he wait so long to sell his shares in Arsenal ?, Kroenke was available to buy those at any time.... who knows what his logic for doing anything is apart from himself.

However, if you were looking to make an argument for a delay in confirming an involvement with Everton it could revolve around the confirmation of a new ground and the finances around that.

I have no idea if he will invest in any club or not, but it will be his timescale not ours.

These things take time to get done mate. The sale of his shares at Arsenal he first started touting last autumn and was completed in the summer.

When Bill bought Everton it took several months to complete. You do not move on such things as a few weeks. I think I said as much even at the height of speculation that while it's possible he came early August, it is likely it will take longer than that.

My own feeling is if he were to come it would be linked to the next phase of the stadium and Bill Knewright departing. When that is all ironed it it would be logical for him to then come on board. I suspect if he is coming there is likely to be pre-agreed trigger points with Bill. To me the next stage of the stadium funding, alongside Bill Kenwright leaving the club will seem the most likely point for this to happen. If those 2 things happen and AU doesn't arrive then the it looks a lot less likely (though of course he may just sit in the background). However that would be a trigger point for me.

In all fairness that appears to be a significant trigger point for most people. It has been widely suggested Bill would leave and than this is when further investment would come. We have had that for 12 months now though. There was lots of talk about the end of August and that deadline has been missed. Also lots of talk that it would have been alongside the board restructure. Again it didn't come. Possibly they felt they didn't want too much upheaval at once?

I am not building myself up for anything though mate. I try to give an honest reflection of the information as I see it. If he comes great, if he doesn't come we have still shown pretty reasonable spending power so some positives too. I think a lot of the talk, to a certain degree on both sides isn't massively evidence led. A lot of that is certainly true on the "he won't come" side though. A lot of the statements just don't fit reality. There is little suggest that if he were to come to Everton it would be done quickly. Most things would suggest it would be more of a medium term transition. I have stated as much previously.

Why did he wait so long to sell his shares in Arsenal ?, Kroenke was available to buy those at any time.... who knows what his logic for doing anything is apart from himself.

However, if you were looking to make an argument for a delay in confirming an involvement with Everton it could revolve around the confirmation of a new ground and the finances around that.

I have no idea if he will invest in any club or not, but it will be his timescale not ours.

Thats it mate. He's an investor and he;s unlikely to be rushed into a decision. Most have suggested- progress with ground- Bill leaves- change happens.

We are still waiting for the first two.

Acting like a 15 year old love sick bird who has just been dumped, hoping and praying that they’ll come back and all will be good.

BK was supposed to be leaving last month, he ain’t gone or look like he’s going anytime soon.

We are where we are and will remain so until the first spade goes into the dock, then some interest may peak. But even that looks a distant hope

The situation isn't like a romantic relationship though. You have two entities that could benefit one another substantially in Usmanov & Everton. The evidence of interest in investing is very strong. People have unrealistic timelines of when it will be done though, and if it doesn't meet said arbitrary dates declare it off.

I remember the same thing last year when he turned down Kroenke's offer. I remember saying wait and see, you rarely accept the first offer in a negotiation. 6 months later they came to an agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.