Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said I thought he was coming here just that it would be a good time to be an Everton fan if he did.

Honest question though- why are you so sure he won’t?

It's just too public. Usmanov is posturing, He knows he wont be investing in any other English club for sure. It's way too messy and complicated.

It's just too public. Usmanov is posturing, He knows he wont be investing in any other English club for sure. It's way too messy and complicated.

Fair enough- but why is your view of Usmanov’s motivation for the quotes any more accurate than anyone else’s?

Usmanov’s public statements mean nothing. All we can say for certain is that even if it is complicated to invest in Everton now (and I’m not sure it is) it’s way less complicated than it was a month ago. The fact is that he has already indirectly funded the club through the USM sponsorship.

Like it or not there are good reasons for the rumours.

Fair enough- but why is your view of Usmanov’s motivation for the quotes any more accurate than anyone else’s?

Usmanov’s public statements mean nothing. All we can say for certain is that even if it is complicated to invest in Everton now (and I’m not sure it is) it’s way less complicated than it was a month ago. The fact is that he has already indirectly funded the club through the USM sponsorship.

Like it or not there are good reasons for the rumours.
Football forum discussions require liberal application of Hitchen's Razor : "what can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence"

I think it's nailed on that he will be taking over a club somewhere in the future. I don't think it's necessarily going to be Everton

Can't see this happening, even if it where to happen, what's gonna change? We are already spending a fortune in terms of transfer fees.

The only thing that could change is who pays for the stadium, but from what usmanov is saying, he wants a return on his investment.

Moshiri will instantly get that as soon as the club get the stadium without moshiri paying for it himself. His initial investment will be dwarfed by what the club would be worth.

What would usmanov gain? Unless he joins in that piece of pie. But why would moshiri split his free cut?

Moshiri doesn't strike me as being in it for the long term, he doesn't have the wealth to throw away money. He is here because of the stadium and he knows his investment will be worth triple if the club manages to secure the council funds without him paying a dime.

Can't see this happening, even if it where to happen, what's gonna change? We are already spending a fortune in terms of transfer fees.

The only thing that could change is who pays for the stadium, but from what usmanov is saying, he wants a return on his investment.

Moshiri will instantly get that as soon as the club get the stadium without moshiri paying for it himself. His initial investment will be dwarfed by what the club would be worth.

What would usmanov gain? Unless he joins in that piece of pie. But why would moshiri split his free cut?

Moshiri doesn't strike me as being in it for the long term, he doesn't have the wealth to throw away money. He is here because of the stadium and he knows his investment will be worth triple if the club manages to secure the council funds without him paying a dime.
If it were to happen everything would change imo. He'd give us the cash to smash any transfer wage barriers we currently have. We'd be on a similar level to city in terms of spending. Pull some crafty sponsorship of the stadium, shirt etc and we would still satisfy ffp.

Moshiris got the money to get us to where we want to be but his investment is a slower burner than if he had the disposable money usmanov does. Mosh is reliant on the stadium being the catalyst to get us into the champions league whereas usmanov could go that extra level in terms of investment and get us into the champions league by spending big and then sort the stadium out.

The return on the investment would come down the line as our profile grows with regular champions league. Usmanov would be able to get us there quicker than moshiri on his own. All just guess work like, I just really hope it happens. We need start competing for pots and leagues again.

Do you know him? Because that is a pretty definite answer. Of course it could be your opinion and that's cool but it sounds like a statement of knowledge and fact. So, how do you know the detailed financial planning of Usmanov? Just checking, can you also let us know how Usmanov has structured his global wealth and where it is invested? I'd be interested to know and seems like you are all over it.
My guess is that there will be a lot of political pressure to cut Usmanov out of the frame of British civic life. Same as with Abramovic. These people are an embarrassment in the soft war against Putin's Russia and there will not be any leg ups for them to the top of any football club. I believe wholeheartedly that Usmanov was pushed from Arsenal.
But look at it in this basic way: if you're cap in hand for a large part of the stadium scheme to the public sector, do you get another billionaire (a real one this time) to buy into the club? It makes little sense just from that angle alone.

I feel sorry for those who have swallowed this fantasy hook line and sinker.
All Usmanov would do is overpay for naming rights to help finance the stadium - obviously, he has a strong incentive to have USM televised all over the world if Everton is playing in bigger matches, especially in Europe. Putting it front and center on the stadium and/or the kits or whatever would go a long way towards that branding if we ever got good again.

If it were to happen everything would change imo. He'd give us the cash to smash any transfer wage barriers we currently have. We'd be on a similar level to city in terms of spending. Pull some crafty sponsorship of the stadium, shirt etc and we would still satisfy ffp.

Moshiris got the money to get us to where we want to be but his investment is a slower burner than if he had the disposable money usmanov does. Mosh is reliant on the stadium being the catalyst to get us into the champions league whereas usmanov could go that extra level in terms of investment and get us into the champions league by spending big and then sort the stadium out.

The return on the investment would come down the line as our profile grows with regular champions league. Usmanov would be able to get us there quicker than moshiri on his own. All just guess work like, I just really hope it happens. We need start competing for pots and leagues again.

A-- There is NOTHING to gain for USM holdings to sponsor anything at all...they are a holding company. They dont need any advertising or marketing.

There are two conclusions to be made from this;

1-- Moshiri is doing this himself and using USM as a vehicle. With Usmanovs blessing

2-- Usmanov is behind everything together with Moshiri

B-- There were 2 statements made by Usmanov;

1-- Happy to help his mate Farhad

2-- Would invest in a european side if there was a good ROI

Whichever viewpoint you take, USMANOV is ALREADY involved with the club. Either via the USM sponsorship and helping Farhad OR hes partnered with him.

Even without purchasing his own stake under his own name hes still involved...

Using Moshiri as a front man allows him to buy other clubs if a good deal pops up.

I find it odd that posters dont recognise this.

Status
Not open for further replies.