Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 months ago Usmanov was adamant he would not sell to Kroenke at any cost.
I don't believe anyone apart from a close few know what Usmanovs plans are, only time will tell.

Thats it. We can wax lyrical about a narrative, (guilty), or latch onto uninformed bits in the press. But the bloke has form for not letting on what he will do. Till he does it.

What's the tax bill like for selling his Arsenal shares?
Yes I think you are right , isn't it called "rollover relief" .
Tax bill --> rollover relief by buying other shares in another UK company.

Stand by it's really possible.

Technically he didn’t sell them. It was his investment company in the Isle of Man. That company won’t be paying any tax on the disposal so rollover isn’t needed

Technically he didn’t sell them. It was his investment company in the Isle of Man. That company won’t be paying any tax on the disposal so rollover isn’t needed
It’s crazy that this sort of thing is allowed. Tax laws need to be rewritten by people that know what they’re doing.

It’s crazy that this sort of thing is allowed. Tax laws need to be rewritten by people that know what they’re doing.
It will be the same with Moshiri when he eventually sells up as Blue Heaven Holdings is also based in IOM. These guys don’t set things up to pay tax.

I would guess the only UK tax paid on this sale was the 0.5% stamp duty paid by Kroenke.

It will be the same with Moshiri when he eventually sells up as Blue Heaven Holdings is also based in IOM. These guys don’t set things up to pay tax.

I would guess the only UK tax paid on this sale was the 0.5% stamp duty paid by Kroenke.
I don’t doubt it. It just bugs me.

I couldn’t disagree more. London resi property prices have been stagnant for over a year and in Battersea and other over-developed areas have gone down significantly.
Conversely, all of the big London-based commercial property funds have been pulling out of London and investing in the M6 corridor and in particular Haydock (quadrupling their return in one instance since 2014).

Bigger returns in the North, more stability in London. Usmanov appears to like a risk.
This was mentioned in the gaurdin a few months back. He wants to develop the docklands into offices etc

Status
Not open for further replies.