Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defending Putin and his men should be illegal and result in instant ban, imo. Should be on par with defending Nazism, as they just attacked a peaceful capital ala Nazis. Putin's trolls should not be allowed to post vermin freely.
This is GrandOldTeam.com
The finest Everton fan forum anywhere in the world.

Not China.

*Despite the despot mods

This is GrandOldTeam.com
The finest Everton fan forum anywhere in the world.

Not China.

*Despite the despot mods
Yeh, I love GOT, and this is football part of that forum. For example I am OK with locking this thread till something happens, I just don't want to see the apologists polluting it.

Defending Putin and his men should be illegal and result in instant ban, imo. Should be on par with defending Nazism, as they just attacked a peaceful capital ala Nazis. Putin's trolls should not be allowed to post vermin freely.

I mean this is just absolutely ludicrous, and extremely offensive, not least to the millions of Jewish people murdered. But you do you claim some imagined moral high ground.

I think you miss the point. If the actions of the leader of a country starts to effect the life of the powerful in the country, the leader becomes weaker.
You had said that let russia keep parts of the Ukrainian in an earlier post to create peace… that only serves to to encourage more war. What next? attack Lativia and Estonia but only let them take a part of it after negotiating.
I’m shocked to find you defending the actions of Russia here. I have met Russian people and they are fine, it’s not xenophobic. However the state actions of Russia at this time are worrying to world peace.

I'm not defending any actions, I've said consistently the invasion is wrong.

I have stated that the largely Russian speaking/ethnically Russian areas of the country should be extended the same rights to self determination any other nation was granted, as part of a compromise yes.

No that process would not involve allow him to invade other countries. And no I dont see the link in allowing for self determination, and allow for occupation against a populations will. They are fundamentally different propositions. Opposites as it were.

Putin and his cabinet are guilty of war crimes. None of them should be safe from arrest and prosecution should they ever find themselves on the western side of the curtain.

I think you miss the point. If the actions of the leader of a country starts to effect the life of the powerful in the country, the leader becomes weaker.
You had said that let russia keep parts of the Ukrainian in an earlier post to create peace… that only serves to to encourage more war. What next? attack Lativia and Estonia but only let them take a part of it after negotiating.
I’m shocked to find you defending the actions of Russia here. I have met Russian people and they are fine, it’s not xenophobic. However the state actions of Russia at this time are worrying to world peace.
That's called appeasement and look how well that turned out last time...

I'm all for running people like Abramovich and the man who, allegedly, controls much of what happens at Everton out of football. All for it. But are we really going to run Abramovich and Co. out for being beneficiaries of Putin's despotic regime while simultaneously allowing the Saudi Arabian government, you know, the people who bomb Yemen to smithereens, generously consider whether women should be allowed to drive, and chop people up in Turkish embassies to run our football clubs?

So, are we going to purge ourselves of people who have links to despotic regimes while welcoming people who ARE despotic regimes? Lots of confused thinking here, methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.