Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.

I will be honest and say, I had never heard of him before last week. As Sevilla have had some success in the Europa League in the past few seasons, I was aware they were doing well, but didn't know who their manager was. I am a bit nervous of bringing in a manager who is not familiar with our league. But he could be alright, you never know.

Telling Jose he got the job and will have to settle for Manure:

Jose+Mourinho+Unai+Emery+Valencia+CF+v+Real+zK4Ic2ZgM3rl.jpg

Quite a few of us mate.

He was the one who had Deulofeu after we did and slated him/had him sussed out.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/27/sevilla-manager-europa-league-final-unai-emery

Emery about Deulofeu:
“He has incredible qualities but lacks others. Put him out there, one on one and ... pfff,” Emery says, blowing out his cheeks in admiration. “But make him play football with team-mates, on a big pitch, and it’s hard. He doesn’t have the maturity or capacity for sacrifice yet. I told him: ‘There are players here who aspire to a contract like yours, men with less talent but more hunger. Iborra, Carriço, Vitolo. They know what it costs. You haven’t experienced that. When you do, you’ll grow. I hope you get that. If not here, somewhere else.’”

There was an article about it last season (2014-15) I believe, but can't remember exactly.

Moyes had it set in place and though he may have made a few tweaks, RM kept the basics the same and it's how the club operates.

There's bound to be some Niasses or Kroldrups, but then you get the Artetas and Pienaars.
If the rumours are true it doesn't sound like we scouted Niasse as we would normally do.

I will be honest and say, I had never heard of him before last week. As Sevilla have had some success in the Europa League in the past few seasons, I was aware they were doing well, but didn't know who their manager was. I am a bit nervous of bringing in a manager who is not familiar with our league. But he could be alright, you never know.

Anyone we appoint is a risk but I think this 'premier league experience' point is a bit overplayed. Mourinho, Pellegrini, Mancini, Ancelotti... all came and won the league without premier league experience. Koeman, Pochettino, Flores etc did great jobs without any too.

I think i'd rather take the risk on a proven winning manager than somebody who's just been doing solid jobs in England.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/27/sevilla-manager-europa-league-final-unai-emery

Emery about Deulofeu:
“He has incredible qualities but lacks others. Put him out there, one on one and ... pfff,” Emery says, blowing out his cheeks in admiration. “But make him play football with team-mates, on a big pitch, and it’s hard. He doesn’t have the maturity or capacity for sacrifice yet. I told him: ‘There are players here who aspire to a contract like yours, men with less talent but more hunger. Iborra, Carriço, Vitolo. They know what it costs. You haven’t experienced that. When you do, you’ll grow. I hope you get that. If not here, somewhere else.’”

Compare that with Bobby's arse licking and there you have the difference between failure and success.

I would worry about deulofeu if Emery came here. Would he stay after Emery basically outcast him from the Sevilla side. We're obviously loosing Lukaku so we need to build on a core of Barkley, Deulofeu and Stones, I really think Emery would hinder that.

I would worry about deulofeu if Emery came here. Would he stay after Emery basically outcast him from the Sevilla side. We're obviously loosing Lukaku so we need to build on a core of Barkley, Deulofeu and Stones, I really think Emery would hinder that.
It might be a good juncture to continue the dialogue they've started, no ?

Status
Not open for further replies.