Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been talking about an imminent and glorious future for about a quarter of a century now.

We're stuck in Kevin Brock back pass purgatory.
A broken clock is wrong every now and again.

I do take your point. But I like the ambition. I thought Mourinho was a pipe dream because it was a done deal. This I find much easier to get behind.

It seems emery demands work rate which I think will go down well with the supporters as it's something we are lacking but I don't think he's a massive departure from what we had/have at the club in terms of playing style/philosophy. That's not necessarily a bad thing for me. I think the idea was always good. It was the execution. Fitness was always a huge problem in my mind. That's why I'm excited by the prospect. It seems a good fit.

There are plenty of reasons why he wouldn't/shouldn't/couldn't be our manager.

But I can see a few reasons why it works. The PL is going to be very competitive next year. You are going to see more top players coming. The list of top managers is expanding. We are moving in the right direction off the pitch, have an excellent youth system, improving commercial and business strategy due to recent changes at board level and a loyal fan base who are desperate for success.

Right now is the time to be positive. If that means being hopeful about a manager some perceive to be out of our league then so be it.

Yes, because as a club we have no plans to move forward do we?, people moan we don't show ambition but the minute we do we get posts like this

You have to prove that ambition first before a manager like him would think of coming here

Maybe after 3-4 years of proper progression on and off the field we can attract the higher class of manager we crave, Now we are looking at the likes of De Boer who's not proven in a decent league but is looking for the next leg up in his career

Will be watching the Spanish cup final with interest. In two minds who I want to win. If it is Sevilla I'd be made up our possible new manager has just defeated Barcelona in a major final, but this worries me as if he wins the final, pressure will be exerted on emery to stay and Sevilla will give him an enhanced contract. It would be typical of Everton if the latter was to happen.

I like them both from all I've read to be honest and would be happy with either.

Emery has don't good with the UEFA cup wins of course but is his league form good? Actual question, I don't know.

The thing with the Europa is that it's not just a cup competition, there's a league element to it too. To win it three times in a row - he's clearly got something excellent about him. Domestically, he's finished 5th, 5th and 7th, with far less resources than the top 4. The top 3/4 in Spain is essentially a closed shop due to the weird way they distribute tv money.

There's a glass ceiling in Spain with Sevilla. He's won the Europa 3 years in a row, and tasted CL footy last year as well. It would be no surprise if he was looking for a new challenge. If he fancies England, we're the best job going for him.

You have to prove that ambition first before a manager like him would think of coming here

Maybe after 3-4 years of proper progression on and off the field we can attract the higher class of manager we crave, Now we are looking at the likes of De Boer who's not proven in a decent league but is looking for the next leg up in his career
So what do you suggest, do you have anything positive or are you this miserable all the time.

Will be watching the Spanish cup final with interest. In two minds who I want to win. If it is Sevilla I'd be made up our possible new manager has just defeated Barcelona in a major final, but this worries me as if he wins the final, pressure will be exerted on emery to stay and Sevilla will give him an enhanced contract. It would be typical of Everton if the latter was to happen.

I think winning the Europa three years in a row would already have resulted in that. That's a bigger achievement than beating Barca in a Cup Final.

Some proper RAWK posts in here

"BUT WE WER DED BOSS IN DER 80s"
Just wait until the Lower Gwladys are singing for Deulofeu to come in in the 37th minute of our second match.

Just do away with this whole failure and give the Lower Gwladys a voting pad. They can then vote in game for changes and decide the team before.

We'd win the Champions League for keeps.

August last year we were all disgusted with Chelsea over the chase for John Stones, with them leaking stories of contract offers etc.

We all got on the high ground of how despicable they are thinking they can do what they want because they have money behind them.

The same people are now talking about us making an offer to Emery to dwarf his current wages.

Less than a year our fans who were disgusted in how the Chelsea fans acted have become worse than them.

August last year we were all disgusted with Chelsea over the chase for John Stones, with them leaking stories of contract offers etc.

We all got on the high ground of how despicable they are thinking they can do what they want because they have money behind them.

The same people are now talking about us making an offer to Emery to dwarf his current wages.

Less than a year our fans who were disgusted in how the Chelsea fans acted have become worse than them.

TBF we have some of the worst fans in the country when it comes to double standards

Status
Not open for further replies.