Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah im not sure it did.

We might have made a slight adjustment, but squad wise we are still bloated.
Apart from a host of younger players like Bowler, Market and Connolly you also saw Kean,Basingstoke,Bernard, JR ,Olsen, Bolasie, Walcott and Besic all left the club.
I think that brought substantial savings.
I nay have forgotten a player or two.

MG.
Have a look at the players that left and the savings made on wages
Bolasie 70k
Walcott 100k
Bernard 120k
Hamez 200k
Digne 80k

El Ghazi 60k
Beeky 90k
Rondon 80k
Townsend 100k
Alli 100k
Gray 80k
Patterson 30k
Myko 30k

Of course my figures are made up and not accurate.

But you get the gist.

We probably made savings due to the players I didnt name, but I dont see 30m, personally.

Moshiri is Chairman of Usmanov's holding company and the third-biggest shareholder. Trump's 'I barely knew the guy defence isn't going to work here'
And so what if he is?

Is he Russian? No.

Is he an Oligarch? No.

Are we just going to sanction and freeze the assets of anyone who has ant connection to an oligarch? When was this announced in Parliament as I appear to have missed it.

You can keep repeating the connection to Usmanov but you still haven't shown why this is going to stop Moshiri and EFC funding a stadium as you originally claimed it would.

Not going to stop @gwladysnitsking advantage of a horrible situation in Ukraine to engage in some doom mongering Wummery.

According to him anyone who has ever done business with an Oligarch is getting their money frozen.

That's a completely unworkable solution. And they've already long since moved their assets out.

It isn't Hodge's opinion. It is the 35 names that are on the Navalny list that are the issue. Russia's imprisoned opposition leader has named 35 people, and unsurprisingly Usmanov is on that list.

It is literally Hodge's opinion.

This is Hodge who;
Spread racist lies as an MP that immigrants get preferential treatment over white people. Filth that nearly let the BNP get their 1st seat.
Lied about Jeremy Corbyn, wrongly smearing him as an anti-semite
Is now invoking the words of a far right criminal Navalny, who is a hardened Islamaphobe.

She is a fringe voice, and an utter scumbag. Nobody is interested in listening to her thankfully.

Navalny and Hodge should put their own house in order, before lecturing others.

It is literally Hodge's opinion.

This is Hodge who;
Spread racist lies as an MP that immigrants get preferential treatment over white people. Filth that nearly let the BNP get their 1st seat.
Lied about Jeremy Corbyn, wrongly smearing him as an anti-semite
Is now invoking the words of a far right criminal Navalny, who is a hardened Islamaphobe.

She is a fringe voice, and an utter scumbag. Nobody is interested in listening to her thankfully.

Navalny and Hodge should put their own house in order, before lecturing others.
Layla Moran the Liberal Democrat Spokesman for Foreign Affairs and International Development also used parliamentary privilege to read out the names of the 35.

I don't think anyone is saying Usmanov will directly fund BMD mate.
You said 'their' so if Moshiri has moved his assets out why would he bring them back in to fund BMD. Or are you suggesting that the banks will lend Everton the money.

You still haven't provided a source for your wild theory that Moshiri sold his stake in USM for cash. All you did was backtrack and claim he sold half of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.