2020/21 Tyler Onyango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loan out to fleetwood or someone like that would be perfect for the kid next year.
Unless we are in the europa and he can pick up game time there.
Both Onyango & Small are extremely young still and are probably 4/5 years off making any significant impact.
Its now evertons responsibility to coach them and give them the apropriate game time and experiences to make an impact when its time

I think Onyango will be around the first team squad next season.

We only have Doucoure,Allan and lets say Davies and Gbamin in the centre who can put a challenge in.

I think we'll sign a CM and have Onyango in the early cup rounds and/or for cameos towards the end of games.

Well done to him. Looked a bit gangly and awkward (as most people do at 17) but played well. A shame for both young lads there was no crowd. Anyone making their debuts will have a different experience once grounds are full. Easier to come on like that in some ways though.

....his size and athleticism have quickly thrust him through the ranks, I have no doubt about that. When asked after the match about what Onyango and Small have, the first thing Ferguson said was “the athleticism to play at this level’.

I watched Onyango in a recent U23 game and he wasn’t great when in possession but that will improve playing and training with seasoned internationals who’s basic remit is to take care of the football. Onyango has all the physical equipment, it’s now up to him to work incredibly hard to improve his quality.

Looked a decent prospect. Its way to early to talk about him stepping in to the seniour squad i think, but fingers crossed he’ll be involved in some fashion or another next season.

Loan out to fleetwood or someone like that would be perfect for the kid next year.
Unless we are in the europa and he can pick up game time there.
Both Onyango & Small are extremely young still and are probably 4/5 years off making any significant impact.
Its now evertons responsibility to coach them and give them the apropriate game time and experiences to make an impact when its time

...I really don’t get the obsession of some posters who want to send our best young talent on loan. Going on loan isn’t La La Land, it very rarely works. He’ll be away from Ancelotti and coaches who are managing his development with care. He’ll be away from international quality team mates who he can train with and learn from every day.

There‘s probably more chance that sending this kid on loan will ruin him. Sorry, but I think it’s such a ridiculous idea. Fleetwood!!

....his size and athleticism have quickly thrust him through the ranks, I have no doubt about that. When asked after the match about what Onyango and Small have, the first thing Ferguson said was “the athleticism to play at this level’.

I watched Onyango in a recent U23 game and he wasn’t great when in possession but that will improve playing and training with seasoned internationals who’s basic remit is to take care of the football. Onyango has all the physical equipment, it’s now up to him to work incredibly hard to improve his quality.

I think if Brands is going for 6 or 7 central midfielders then perhaps it could be;

1:
2:
3: Doucoure
4: Allan
5: Gbamin*
6: Davies
7: Onyango

With one of the current other centre midfielders retained: Gomes, Delph, Sigurdsson and a new player signed in the summer?

*Once Gbamin has been fully assessed.

I think if Brands is going for 6 or 7 central midfielders then perhaps it could be;

1:
2:
3: Doucoure
4: Allan
5: Gbamin*
6: Davies
7: Onyango

With one of the current other centre midfielders retained: Gomes, Delph, Sigurdsson and a new player signed in the summer?

*Once Gbamin has been fully assessed.

...he simply needs to leapfrog players to get game time time and he has the advantage of athleticism over some of them. The big challenge for him is taking care of the football but he will learn lots about keeping possession training with the first team.

In all seriousness I did not realise he was that ‘kin big; if he can develop he’ll be a monster of a general in the middle of the park

he’s huuuuuuuge

Yeah, I liked how he got himself about and involved in everything in the middle, only 17 so he's got 3 more years of growing and filling out haha, got massive potential ahead of him

He be there because he’s impressed Carlo and that’s not easy, well done.

drunken-pirate-picture-id182769614

DAaar... You be right there mi'hearty

...he simply needs to leapfrog players to get game time time and he has the advantage of athleticism over some of them. The big challenge for him is taking care of the football but he will learn lots about keeping possession training with the first team.

I watched him in the "mini derby" last week and I did point him out, albeit a little critically.

He is unusually big for someone of his age and has yet to "grow into" his body at all. I saw him next to Clarkson for Liverpool and he looked about a foot taller than him. He was beginning to carry the ball well in that game, but needs to do a lot more of it. The current trend is for midfield players who can "break the lines" with the ball and he has it in his game.

To me, and it's a short cameo- he did better than Small yesterday. I thought his position play was really good without the ball and he snapped into a couple of tackles. For all the criticism he gets, Unsworth deserves credit for that, he looked poitionally disciplined without the ball.

There was bit of the John Stones with him, who was also really wiry when he first emerged. Onyango may be a bit bigger than Stones was, and you can see he probably has a fair bit of growing to do. You can't get away from his size really. People don't like it much, but to mkake it at the top top teams, unless you are an unreal talent, size becomes really important.

I go back to that Clarkson at Liverpool, who looked a very tidy footballer and probably a bit better technically, but at 5 ft 7 when he's 20 he's not going to make the grade, certainly not for a period yet.

The academy has had a fair bit of criticism, but to bring 2 more lads on, with us from 8 & 11 respectively is a big plus. They need to keep working hard, but both look to have the physique to cope with mens football.

Status
Not open for further replies.