Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the plus side my sons side won their tournament this weekend. This was aided in large part to their attacking mid who kept putting well weighted thruballs into open pitch.......

On the negative side, time seems to be running out on us finding that player.

I understand that perhaps Yarmolenko was priority number one - and I rate him very highly, BUT surely our list had more than one name on it.......
What's this lad in your son's team's contract situation? Is he capable of playing from the left? Is he in a phenomenal moment of his football development? Will his team accept Blood Brothers tickets & payment over 124 years? Sign him Bobby!

Why is everyone so obsessed with our net spend. I believe our delightful neighbours last summer spent a combined 60 million on markovic, lallana & Lovren, to name just 3! If we'd spent a combined 30 million on cleverley, deulofeu, Mori & rodriguez people wouldn't be moaning, cos they are prob easily worth that.

We get 30 million worth of talent for just over 11m, and Liverpool last summer signed 15/20 million worth for 60m, I know whose shoes I'd rather be in.

Yes we need a playmaker and must have some money to spend. Martinez said about building flats on finch farm for the youth team so they could be close to the club. Not all the income can go on players & wages.

We do need to loose the debt which has been a monkey on our back for years. Although if that's not erased next year with the extra millions from TV then questions do need to be asked.

When the bottom falls out of the premier league, cos it will at some point, as this constant money being pumped in is no way sustainable, clubs like Stoke will be flogging half their squad cos they won't be able to afford to keep the so called stars like shaquiri with no cash! Sky TV will ruin the premier league in the end. The only silver lining being that nonce (can I use that word)? Jim White, wont be shouting tripe at us and getting over excited by the famous 'sky sources' for 4 hours on deadline day!

We have the biggest squad with the best genuine strength in depth that I've ever known. It's far from perfect but Rome wasn't built in a day. Let's judge our chances after Tuesday and see where we are come May, before we all loose the plot cos we've not spunked 20 million on some dude with a fancy name.....

'TMW have revealed that Everton are looking to take advantage of the player’s contract situation at Sevilla. Munoz only has 12 months left on this contract with the Spanish side, and therefore if they don’t convince him to extend this current deal then he will be a free agent next summer. Everton will also be able to speak to the Spain U19 international in the New Year with regards to a pre contract agreement.
Munoz has made just one league appearance for the club but has an impressive goal scoring rate for the reserve side after netting 18 times in 47 games since he made his debut last year. He also made his debut for the Spain U19 side last year.'

.......plenty of links with Munoz again, his contract position might explain the situation.

Really don't understand why a few players haven't been shown the door to raise funds to ensure we get he top quality No10 we need.

Gibson, mcgeady and naismith should have been sold and Hibbert retired. We already have enough centre mid to do without gibbon and ledson coming through. We have lukaku, kone the new Uruguay lad, McLean needs some game time plus the new No10 to come in so no need for naismith.

Wings miracles, delefeou, piennar and oviedo should be enough considering we haven't started with any for the last 3 pretty games. So mcgeady can go.

Browning can cover for Coleman at right back or at a push cleverly. Hibbert shouldn't have had his contract renewed.

Really don't understand why a few players haven't been shown the door to raise funds to ensure we get he top quality No10 we need.

Gibson, mcgeady and naismith should have been sold and Hibbert retired. We already have enough centre mid to do without gibbon and ledson coming through. We have lukaku, kone the new Uruguay lad, McLean needs some game time plus the new No10 to come in so no need for naismith.

Wings miracles, delefeou, piennar and oviedo should be enough considering we haven't started with any for the last 3 pretty games. So mcgeady can go.

Browning can cover for Coleman at right back or at a push cleverly. Hibbert shouldn't have had his contract renewed.

Agree with the Gibson and McGeady part but not naismith. I think there is still a place in the squad for him. At the spurs game on Saturday we were getting bullied and kicked all over the place. Bobby threw him on and he ruffled a few feathers, kicked a few but more importantly gave us a more physical presence. In my opinion there's always a place in the squad for a player like that.

you need people to actually want to buy them though. gibson is always injured and just got a DUI, why is anyone going to buy him? Martinez obviously thinks naismith is a good squad member or he wouldnt play him as much

Status
Not open for further replies.