Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what Martinez said in the presser but it'd be nice for someone higher up the chain to come out with an official club statement.

I'm hoping we're compiling an absolutely emphatic statement to just end all speculation right now.

Why? What further purpose would yet another statement on Stones and this saga achieve?

Martinez is the official face of the club he's said in every interview given over the last 5-6 weeks Stones is going nowhere. The club would like the story to go away they don't need to add to it or prolong it.

The end should have been last night when he made his latest statement.

That makes no sense.

You'd be happy with 2 senior centre backs?

You'd be happy with only Kone and Lukaku?

Just because you get your poster boy.

Unreal.
Browning is 21. The same age as Stones. Stones in his first season at a younger age was possibly our best CB. Galloway has also had a few games now. We have to blood these players sometime otherwise how will the gain the experience.

We also have Hibbert and I've always thought he did a decent job at CB. Even at a stretch Besic can play there.

So yea if I was to choose between Yarmolenko or Mori I think I choose Yarmolenko.

Kone has been one of our better players so far and we have Naismith who can get goals. Yarmolenko has also played as a CF.

Put it this way if we don't get Yarmolenko and Mirallas and Deulofeu get injured then it doesn't matter who plays as CF because they won't get the service.

Would I choose a top top class player that would make or break our season or a couple of backup players? Hmm that's a hard one.

Last edited:
I don't think anything has changed. We always knew a big club might come in for him and if they did he would go there.

Well Barca are thinking about it. That's all at this stage. Nothing has changed except the reports do seem to indicate he will either go to us or Barca and not stay at Kiev. If they are true then frankly that still gives us a chance.

Hi Adversely,

Can you do me a favour?

For every 3 of the 4 posts you submit every two minutes, could you just imagine them inside your head? Then just put the one on here? You can imagine the other posts written on the side of an elephant who is dancing on a cow, or something like that. I don´t really mind, I´ll leave the fantasy details to you.

Thanks,

Me

All information from the papers still saying the 1st due to the bank holiday

Ah yeh I got it the other way round, the reason it closes at 6pm and not 11pm is because of the CL.

The window closes on a later date but earlier time than we're normally used to.

That is because the day before (Monday August 31) is a Bank Holiday and the window has to close on a working day.

The window closes at 6pm because teams have to register their players for the Champions League by midnight.

Hi Adversely,

Can you do me a favour?

For every 3 of the 4 posts you submit every two minutes, could you just imagine them inside your head? Then just put the one on here? You can imagine the other posts written on the side of an elephant who is dancing on a cow, or something like that. I don´t really mind, I´ll leave the fantasy details to you.

Thanks,

Me

Hahahaha!!

Oh Christ. Another friggin day of this nightmare then.

Sorry about that lads, thought Monday was the 1st for some reason.

My take on the Yarmolenko story is that the owner is waiting until the UEFA CL draw which is why the deadline is Friday. At the draw is where he will pitch him to all the top clubs because I genuinely think that we don't quite meet the standard he wants to sell him to.

If he fails to get the necessary interest then he will sell him to us on Friday. I'm not sure about the Barca interest because it could simply be the owner trying to raise Yarmolenko's profile because I think Nolito is their main target and Nolito also won't be cup tied, plays on the left and they have Vidal for the right. I think most Barca fans want Nolito and at Barca that's important. They have also had one bid rejected by Celta but Nolito has a release clause.

Basically we need to wait till Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.