Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have no problem with us buying a young CB, and I am very partial to Argentinians. But we already have players like Browing, Galloway and Holgate, I think we could do with an older, experienced centre back for a couple of years to back Stones and Jags up.

Why is everybody panicking or assuming the worst? I'm willing to bet that absolutely nobody on here has ever watched this lad properly and are only taking the word of some people who say they that have. Give the lad a proper chance FFS, he's not even arrived yet.

Of course we will support the lad and watch him for the next 12 months before judging but we just saying it a massive risk as he will be cover for jags and stones
I'm not saying that the signings will not have some element of risk (all transfers do), but a massive risk? Why do you say this?

I know very little about Mori apart from what I've read today, but he's had fairly strong reviews at River Plate and has had an international call up.

Yes there are some other negative opinions circling around, and obviously he lacks experience in both European and English football.

I'm not being obtuse towards you by any means. Risk yes; but a massive risk seems somewhat pessimistic unless you can justify it.

He may be a massive flop. He may be a decent player who'll add to the squad. Or he may be a starlet for the price. Let's just see for ourselves.

By the way, if you can justify your stance then I'm more than happy to listen as I genuinely know little about him. Just trying to be open minded.

so wait, the lad gets in to the team of the season, or competition or whatever, loads of the river plate fans love him and think he's great...

but we should be worried because some weirdo english fella who sometimes gets things right, and also gets things wrong, instead of listening to the people who watch him every week, ok.

Yep I'm sticking with the fans on their own forums who have said he's been superb, prone to the odd mistake ( like all defenders are ) but certainly sounds like someone they would miss massively.

If he turns out crap we sell him for 1.5-2m and take a 3m hit. If he turns out great well its a good signing. This is what we want to see, Bobby working the market more and looking for players under the radar.

Must be noted that Villareal supposedly interested in him, they aren't exactly crap judging by the way they played against us a couple of weeks ago.

I think he was a worrying sign of how good the Argentine league is.

....I have to say I quite like the look of Mori. There's been some fine Argentinian defenders. This lad is young, has ability that is recognised at international level and plays in an intense atmosphere. For the money quoted it's low risk and could be shrewd business.

Status
Not open for further replies.