Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I'm excited that Roberto confirmed we are actively seeking 3 signatures i cannot help but feel apprehensive, i've seen a few names being thrown around and not many have really excited me...

Van Dijk i think should be a priority i really do think he's class and could perform well in the EPL

not too keen on Shaqiri Honda or Pato, they were all great in their day i just feel we'll be catching them on the decline

Januzai on loan would be a nice addition i can't see united letting him go a on a perm for anything less than extortian rates

Didnt bobby say in that followtonians interview he wont have the 28m to spend this summer. Austin would take a massive chunk out of that and id much prefer a playmaker and centre back

Unless............ its a swap deal for kone, mcgeady and naismith wink wink
I think he said he wouldn't have 28m to spend on one player.

As much as I'm excited that Roberto confirmed we are actively seeking 3 signatures i cannot help but feel apprehensive, i've seen a few names being thrown around and not many have really excited me...

Van Dijk i think should be a priority i really do think he's class and could perform well in the EPL

not too keen on Shaqiri Honda or Pato, they were all great in their day i just feel we'll be catching them on the decline

Januzai on loan would be a nice addition i can't see united letting him go a on a perm for anything less than extortian rates

Catching Shaqiri on his decline? He is 23.

Wouldn't mind Honda and Shaqiri. Honda as a rolemodel for Barkley and if we can manage to get the best out of Shaqiri he would be a steal. But if we don't get another defender, I can't see us getting high in the league. Sure we have a lot of youngsters knocking on the door, but if Jags and/or Stones get a longtime injury we would be forced to throw them in every game for months. They might rise to the occasion and bloom out, but they might just as easily break under the pressure and stagnate their career instead.

Damn I wasn't aware of that, i stand corrected then,

feels like he has been around for ages!! From what i've seen and read of him from last season it was a less impressive showing that's all, i thought maybe it could be an age thing
Catching Shaqiri on his decline? He is 23.

I don't rate Honda highly. He hasn't exactly set the wolrd alight at Milan.

He was played out of position (right wing iirc) by Inzaghi though.

Status
Not open for further replies.