Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the OS:

Roberto Martinez has reiterated his desire to further boost Everton’s squad before the end of the transfer window.

The Everton boss has already recruited Tom Cleverley and Gerard Deulofeu this summer and confirmed he is seeking reinforcements up front, in the number 10 position and in central defence.

Martinez said at his press conference after Duncan Ferguson’s testimonial match against Villarreal: “We know we need two to three new players and we are going to make sure we get the right ones.

“We are looking for that area [up front], the number 10 position, and I think we need a centre-half; the three areas are quite clear.

“I have been very impressed with some youngsters and I think they are ready to help the first team as well.”

Asked specifically abut his search for a ‘number 10’, the Blues boss expained: “They aren’t players that are easy to find. You want players with great vision and technical ability but who can also cope with the physicality of the league.

“I do feel we need to use the full window and try to bring the right people. We have got a clear idea of what we want to do.”

From the OS:

Roberto Martinez has reiterated his desire to further boost Everton’s squad before the end of the transfer window.

The Everton boss has already recruited Tom Cleverley and Gerard Deulofeu this summer and confirmed he is seeking reinforcements up front, in the number 10 position and in central defence.

Martinez said at his press conference after Duncan Ferguson’s testimonial match against Villarreal: “We know we need two to three new players and we are going to make sure we get the right ones.

“We are looking for that area [up front], the number 10 position, and I think we need a centre-half; the three areas are quite clear.

“I have been very impressed with some youngsters and I think they are ready to help the first team as well.”

Asked specifically abut his search for a ‘number 10’, the Blues boss expained: “They aren’t players that are easy to find. You want players with great vision and technical ability but who can also cope with the physicality of the league.

“I do feel we need to use the full window and try to bring the right people. We have got a clear idea of what we want to do.”

That sounds to me like he hasn't got a clue who he's after, only that he knows what positions he needs to fill.

Hopefully we will find out anyway sooner rather than later.

It seems to me we're waiting for the end of the window to try and get the deals, the bargains and thats an incredibly risky game to play. Especially with our injury luck and our start to the Season.

I accept someone like Lennon will be towards the deadline, no qualms with that, swerve paying £7m for him now.

But positions like CB and ST need to be filled now and not at the end of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.