Transfer fee records

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incoming we wont ever break lukakus deal, simply because of the installment plan we paid for him. If lukaku stays the five years (or 4) that covers our payments then we may do it again/ We sell before that and the risk is too great for the club to tie up such a big commitment.

Going out i can see possibly ross going for big money and rom as well. remember if we did sell rom in a year or two he will still be a young 20 goal a season striker so they are worth a premium.

Incoming we wont ever break lukakus deal, simply because of the installment plan we paid for him. If lukaku stays the five years (or 4) that covers our payments then we may do it again/ We sell before that and the risk is too great for the club to tie up such a big commitment.

Going out i can see possibly ross going for big money and rom as well. remember if we did sell rom in a year or two he will still be a young 20 goal a season striker so they are worth a premium.

Which mate?

Well we wont ever break the 28 million but we may set up a similar deal in future if this proves to be worth our time. 30 + is out of the question for us to commit to.

I think we might, but it's unlikely for a few reasons. A lot of players who would cost more then our record £28m, wouldn't choose us to come to for a start. They'd potentially have more attractive offers than ourselves.

I think we might, but it's unlikely for a few reasons. A lot of players who would cost more then our record £28m, wouldn't choose us to come to for a start. They'd potentially have more attractive offers than ourselves.
My thoughts exactly. Besides an Andy Carroll type deal there isnt one player who has gone for 30 million plus that would look at us over other higher up teams. Hell even James milner would probably be snapped up by a united/arsenal rather than us.

We didn't pay 28M for Lukaku, it was 24 or 25M with 3M or 4M add ons that may not apply (1M if we qualify to the Champions League, ect...)

Thought Rooney was £27m. £10m up front, £10m following year. Then a host of £0.5-£1m add-ons based on achievements capped at £27m, which took 3-4 years to be fulfilled.

Funny thing was I worked on a commercial project with a Man U fan who was a football agent. He told me Man U never did those sort of deals, and the structured dripping of the payment was Everton's doing.

A few years later when the RS bought Carroll from Newcastle for £35m, Newcastle insisted on the cash up front, and got it.

Didn't they just give us Saha in the end to scrap any more add-ons remaining on that deal

If we add sensibly to the squad and grow over the next few years we can see champs league. Then we will probably sign another top big money player.

If we add sensibly to the squad and grow over the next few years we can see champs league. Then we will probably sign another top big money player.
we could well do yeah, would take a few years of smashing the glass ceiling though.

(love the fact we dont play for a week and its back to champions league dreams again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.