Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i can never be anything upset when as lose no matter
Not me mate. I can take positives out of playing well even when we lose.

We've deserved something out of every game we've played this season apart from Villa in the league and Arsenal, and the season's pretty much half way through. Can't remember the last time I'd even have even contemplated that.

I guarantee nobody will be looking forward to playing us at the moment and it's great to see.

We've deserved something out of every game we've played this season apart from Villa in the league and Arsenal, and the season's pretty much half way through. Can't remember the last time I'd even have even contemplated that.

I guarantee nobody will be looking forward to playing us at the moment and it's great to see.
Agreed.

Finally got to see the replay as I was occupied during the live match. Down 2-0, this Dyche-led squad didn't give in as it seems so many in the past would do. Not only did they not give in, seemed to me we were much the better side for the final hour or so and deserved at least a draw if not a win. Such a great feeling to no longer be consumed with doubt before or during a match. Everton have guts and determination again. No fear. It makes me proud even if disappointed with the loss.

Oh, also, Richarlison is class. What he did after scoring and then after the match... I'll always love that kid.

Ok, just seen the DCL goal in sky game if the day. It's a foul, Gomes got the man, not the ball; to the extent he caught the defenders foot. We can't really complain about that one.

Poor officiating though, linesman should have seen that

Ok, just seen the DCL goal in sky game if the day. It's a foul, Gomes got the man, not the ball; to the extent he caught the defenders foot. We can't really complain about that one.

Poor officiating though, linesman should have seen that
It wasn't a foul in a million years. I'm baffled people think it could be.

If that's actually a foul then I'm done with this sport. It's unwatchable

It wasn't a foul in a million years. I'm baffled people think it could be.

If that's actually a foul then I'm done with this sport. It's unwatchable
He doesn't touch the ball but catches the man. We might not like the rule but it was a foul.

As said though, the linesman was 10 metres away, what was he looking at?

He doesn't touch the ball but catches the man. We might not like the rule but it was a foul.

As said though, the linesman was 10 metres away, what was he looking at?
There's barely contact at all. And contact doesn't mean foul either.

The linesman and ref were in perfect positions to make the right call and unfortunately a VAR official got involved for no real reason.

If that's deemed a foul then I dont like where this sport is going. But there were plenty of other examples in the game of same or more contact and no fouls were given. So its clearly not a foul, and clearly not an obvious error.

I'm happy we played well, but I still think we miss too many chances, its that ruthlessness that separates us from the RS. We need to take our chances against City, no effin about, should of got something against United. If we can be more ruthless we should give City a hard game.

On balance I agree - just - but I'd rather have less of the 'Glorious' defeats and more scrappy wins and draws please Santa.
Starting with City, who, as you say, might not fancy it too much and are hopefully hungover and jet lagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.