Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me here lad, but the fact that multiple other ex professionals and officials are suggesting it’s not a foul would suggest that at LEAST it’s a 50/50 call. In these cases, why doesn’t the ref get the final decision? It’s just VAR again being billy big bollocks and taking away a all other interpretation
It needs taking out the game I don’t know why they ask the ref to look at decisions cause once he does it gets over turned. Game run fine with just the officials and yes some went against you but some also went for, VAR was meant to stop that and get the right decision but it doesn’t. Thing is footballs become almost a non contact sport now so any touch on a player and VAR is going to give it.

You know we have improved a lot when we lose one of our toughest fixtures of the season and its one we feel we SHOULD have won.

No doubt the worriers will be rushing to the relegation thread because they derive some weird pleasure in unnecessary anguish.
We won’t be relegated if we avoid a major injury crisis. This manager, unlike the previous two, knows what he’s doing.

Forgive me here lad, but the fact that multiple other ex professionals and officials are suggesting it’s not a foul would suggest that at LEAST it’s a 50/50 call. In these cases, why doesn’t the ref get the final decision? It’s just VAR again being billy big bollocks and taking away a all other interpretation
The ref and the lineman looking straight at it and wave play on. Should be the same as rugby on field decision if it’s not clear and obvious error by the ref. Stinks but who’s surprised

I imagine a lot of you do what I do and read the matchday forum for the fans of the team we are playing. On the Spurs forum I read their fans know they got lucky today and largely gave a fair amount of credit to Everton.

Not at all bothered by today's performance. Annoyed with certain players like Patterson, Danjuma, and Harrison but effort certainly wasn't an issue. I'll give them that. I'm just annoyed with the league and their mafia tactics that happen every single week.

disappointing not to get an equaliser but even though we lost I think that’s still an indicator of progress from last year. We didn’t just roll over after going 2 down early in, substitutes made a big difference. Performance overall was good after a slow start. Dyche is getting some consistency out of our squad for the first time in a long time. Play like that every week and we’ll win more games than we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.