Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early to judge Gomes worth as he also showed brilliance in games a couple of years back . Let's see if he is consistent enough
Exactly

We’ve always known he has this in his locker

It’s just can he consistently give the effort and “hard yards” required of a Dyche side - which is something that’s proven to work for us

I hope he can - because his technical ability is something we sorely lack

Oh koff lad, it’s not a case of it being a foul but a case of it being ‘clear and obvious’. When the entire sky panel and the helmets like Mike Dean are all saying it’s not a foul, then it supports the idea of the initial decision not being stonewall enough to overturn. Got nothing to do with now and then, it’s a case of 99% of people not thinking it’s a foul and the 1% in VAR ruling the roost
We've had loads of challenges like that waved play on against us recently. Obviously not leading to goals. But ultimately the lad felt something and went over softly. Ref did right in the first place then bottled it.

Myko for me is getting better by the days. His crosses looks to have more speed and accuracy in them then ever before . Really looking fwd to see goals from his crosses soon.

Two avoidable defeats in a row: Fulham and today. Dyche is working the oracle, but that’s enough hard luck stories now or it fast becomes one.
Onana missed a pen and Danjuma was an inch from equalising.

We should have won both games and Dyche has set us up well for both. Not much more that he can do when we're talking about some very fine margins.

Mate just grasp the improvement and embrace it
I’m thrilled with it! Just frustrated that we’re not in a cup semi and another point away from the trapdoor because, as you say, we’ve improved that much we could quite easily have done that. We’re unquestionably going in the right direction. I’m off to grow a goatee and sandpaper my tonsils. In Dyche I most certainly trust.

Unfortunately that’s what rules the game today so it was a foul then the ref had a chance to look at it and it was given as soft as it was make any contact to the man and not the ball it’s a foul. 20 years ago you could go in full force win the ball an catch the man it was fine now that’s a red card for being out of control
Forgive me here lad, but the fact that multiple other ex professionals and officials are suggesting it’s not a foul would suggest that at LEAST it’s a 50/50 call. In these cases, why doesn’t the ref get the final decision? It’s just VAR again being billy big bollocks and taking away a all other interpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.