Top Three Everton Goals you’ve seen live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharp at the tin mine (my first game).

Kanchelskis against Forest at home - wasn't the greatest goal ever but he cut in from the right wing and smashed a left footed shot that gave the keeper no chance. Seemed like he could score goals like that at will.

Cadamarteri against that lot at Goodison. Was cursing him for not squaring the ball to an unmarked Ferguson, think he'd missed a sitter earlier in the game.

Bilyaletdinov vs man utd (ridiculous half volley)

Beckford vs Chelsea (length of pitch run... Although he was lucky)

Cahill vs Chelsea (overhead kick)

Sharp vs RS October 84
Harvey vs WBA April 1970 to clinch league
Arteta vs Fiorentina
There have been others better than Arteta's in terms of technique but threw it in for the occasion

Honourable mentions to the team goal versus Larissa, McFadden, Bily, Beckford, big Dunc and Barkley vs Man City, adrian Heath, Sheedy and Lineker!!!

That Lineker goal is one of the best I've seen - saw it from the top balcony and it was like a cheat code in a computer game, speed +10.

He came from miles behind the Luton defenders,beat them to the ball, brilliant first touch and a spectacular finish. Defo his best goal in a Blue shirt.

Gary remains easily the best goalscorer I've ever seen play for this club.

I'm taking the question to mean 'favourite' then. There are so many to choose from but the stand outs that I won't select are Carsley v the RS in 04, Ferguson v Man United in 05. Then some less obvious ones like Osman v Portsmouth right at the end in 04-05, Arteta v Fiorentina (we still obviously went out), and an own goal by David Vaughan for Sunderland in the Cup Quarter Final in front of thousands of our way support behind the goal. But these are the ones I would go with:

1: Wayne Rooney v Arsenal (2002). I'm going to grudgingly choose this one because it will always be tainted with the way he treated the club when leaving and the years after but for one of our own to be a World Class talent at 16 and score in such dramatic circumstances against a top side was incredible.

2: Tim Cahill v Liverpool (2009). Equaliser right at the end for my first Anfield derby.

3: Osman v Larissa (2007). Will choose this one as the 'best' goal i've seen as it was a great team goal.

Talking of big Bob,his hat trick volley in the 6-0 win v Coventry,my dad took me in the old park end stand to watch that game,had a birds eye view looking down on that,a wonderful moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.