Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is this: I feel there is a school of thought which believes that playing, for want of a better word, 'pretty' football somehow jeopardises the chances of winning games, I don't think that's necessarily the case. Although there will always be examples to support both sides of the argument.

Regarding you being impressed, we can agree to disagree. I just remember watching that game and thinking Brighton played really well and it would be great to witness Everton giving a similar performance.

I should add that, in my opinion, DCL's header against Spurs was a thing of beauty also.
Brighton are the perfect example, pretty attractive football that has them in 16th.

Meanwhile nasty old Everton with their rubbish football are 8th.

Regardless of where we finish, for me the real issue is the football EFC has played has been turgid at best, which is really disappointing. I spoke to my son about it, he reckoned I'm probably exercising some sort of bias, relating to picking faults in the thing you are emotionally invested in, which is affecting my objectivity. I just think we played crap all season with the exception of Liverpool away and Tottenham in the cup.
Spurs in the cup was game of the season, mostly down to the excellent work from Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Good question and I cant find the answer.

Only this :

How many English teams qualify for Europe?​

Seven Premier League teams qualify for Europe - but it could be eight if Chelsea win the Champions League without qualifying for Europe through domestic football (which seems unlikely to happen).

If an English team win a European tournament - and qualify for one through domestic football - it does not free up a European space for another English team.

It could also mean instead of four Champions League teams, two in the Europa League and one in the Europa Conference League, the number of teams in each of those tournaments could change.

So its possible we "lose" a Europa spot?

Try this from the PL site. 7 clubs max from one country........

10th.

Personally, what a turn into frustration.
I’m not entirely sure what happened, but everything changed following the loss to Southampton.

The free flowing, attacking football stopped, we went from scoring 5 and 4 in games to 1-0 wins.

Something changed, I don’t know what? But our tactics changed, and everything slowly started to dry up.

Ancelotti mustn’t trust them, he said so on 3-4 occasions through the year, but once again they’ve proven to be lazy, arrogant mercenaries.

Can’t believe when this thread was created we had optimism, and then came our “promising” 2021 home schedule was the final nail in so many of these players coffins and I hope it’s a blessing in disguise.

10th.

Personally, what a turn into frustration.
I’m not entirely sure what happened, but everything changed following the loss to Southampton.

The free flowing, attacking football stopped, we went from scoring 5 and 4 in games to 1-0 wins.

Something changed, I don’t know what? But our tactics changed, and everything slowly started to dry up.

Ancelotti mustn’t trust them, he said so on 3-4 occasions through the year, but once again they’ve proven to be lazy, arrogant mercenaries.

Can’t believe when this thread was created we had optimism, and then came our “promising” 2021 home schedule was the final nail in so many of these players coffins and I hope it’s a blessing in disguise.

Hes said:

Were good in a low block but the defence cant play higher up the pitch. Also said that he wants to play higher up the pitch

Praised then questioned players commitment

Said we will be signing quality in general around the team

Announced that were after a right winger who can do everything

Told the press we will be more attacking next season

Stated that we will be adding quality from the back

Seems to me like hes playing nice while aiming for a number of summer ins/outs

Status
Not open for further replies.