Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The commentators saying Spurs will now push for top 4 after their win yet if we win our next game we go above them, level on pts with West Ham and only 2 pts off Chelsea. While I don't think we've any hope of top 4 I just find it funny that Spurs are now tipped for it but we arent.

Our game upcoming games with West Ham and Spurs are looking like massive games now for 5th and 6th spot. All 6 pts needed there.
Because they are winning games and we are not, perhaps?

Anyone else have that season all over feeling? The cup is now yesterday's news and the league campaign fizzing out as we inevitably fade under the handicap of so many injured stars.

Given It's highly unlikely there'll be any return of crowds in the league this season, it's very hard to maintain any interest at all and the season as good as done for me.

Top 4 looks difficult but 5th or 6th is still highly achievable. James is due back after the break so the football should be a little more pleasing on the eye. There is still enough going on just. Hopefully I'll still be saying this in a months time.

Top 4 looks difficult but 5th or 6th is still highly achievable. James is due back after the break so the football should be a little more pleasing on the eye. There is still enough going on just. Hopefully I'll still be saying this in a months time.

Doucoure is easily the biggest miss for me. For all our first eleven or even 13 are competitive enough, our squad is still well short of even the nearly men such as Man United and Leicester. Injuries kill us but they're inevitable and shouldn't.

Doucoure is easily the biggest miss for me. For all our first eleven or even 13 are competitive enough, our squad is still well short of even the nearly men such as Man United and Leicester. Injuries kill us but they're inevitable and shouldn't.

I agree the loss of Doucoure is bad but if Davies and Allan can combine we should at least be solid. Leave the creativity to a front four of James, Sigurdsson, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin and with them 2 protecting the back 4 I still think we can get 7 wins 1 draw for Champions League or 5 wins 3 draws for top 6. Doucoure is the link player and has energy to be burn we just need to hope he can play a couple at the end of the season and we are still in with a chance. If we are totally gone I wouldn't risk him and keep him fresh for next season.

I agree the loss of Doucoure is bad but if Davies and Allan can combine we should at least be solid. Leave the creativity to a front four of James, Sigurdsson, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin and with them 2 protecting the back 4 I still think we can get 7 wins 1 draw for Champions League or 5 wins 3 draws for top 6. Doucoure is the link player and has energy to be burn we just need to hope he can play a couple at the end of the season and we are still in with a chance. If we are totally gone I wouldn't risk him and keep him fresh for next season.

Obviously it's possible, stranger things have happened and it's been a wierd season but my feeling is that's more than extremely optimistic.

Doucoure is done, even if he came back for a game or two after such an extended break and injury he couldn't be up to speed, he would likely only overcompensate injuring himself all over again. Finishing higher than David Moyes hammers might be tough enough never mind catching the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Leicester.

The top four - there's no chance whatsoever for me although obviously the players still have to believe in miracles.

Anyone else have that season all over feeling? The cup is now yesterday's news and the league campaign fizzing out as we inevitably fade under the handicap of so many injured stars.

Given It's highly unlikely there'll be any return of crowds in the league this season, it's very hard to maintain any interest at all and the season as good as done for me.
I suspect our season was over when we won our cup final at the pit.

Honestly I think some people don’t realise how bad our recent form has been. There are 10 games left, in our last 10 games we’ve taken 13 points. A repeat of that and we’re not even holding on to 8th nevermind finishing 4th. We are where we are based on our early season form (we were 2nd 13 games ago) and we need to get back to something approaching that to even have a chance at top 6.

Honestly I think some people don’t realise how bad our recent form has been. There are 10 games left, in our last 10 games we’ve taken 13 points. A repeat of that and we’re not even holding on to 8th nevermind finishing 4th. We are where we are based on our early season form (we were 2nd 13 games ago) and we need to get back to something approaching that to even have a chance at top 6.
We can easily Change it around like last time during December, could literally beat villa spurs and arsenal and hopefully in the lesser games James’ quality is the difference, we’re due a digne dcl and James run of form carrying us through games

A fresh Allan and James after the international break will be critical (as will a high performing Virginia). If we can manage that, six points in the next two games is the high water mark. Achieve that and we can go on another of those streaky Carlo runs.. five more wins beyond those will get us Europa.

We can easily Change it around like last time during December, could literally beat villa spurs and arsenal and hopefully in the lesser games James’ quality is the difference, we’re due a digne dcl and James run of form carrying us through games
Of course we can. The problem is that Chelsea are ahead of us and we have to catch up (10 or 7 points) at Leicester. Not only are we dependent on a sudden change in our own form, but Chelsea and Leicester must perform far below what is expected. Personally, I think the top 4 have already been decided, and we have to compete with West Ham, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal for the places behind.

Well I assume we can’t ‘easily’ do it, otherwise you’d have to assume we would have done it already. I’m not saying we can’t/won’t do it, I’m just saying we need to. Our form in general - but certainly our home form - needs to improve massively for us to get top 6. This isn’t just the last couple of weeks we’re talking about, we’ve fallen away massively since the turn of the year.

Well I assume we can’t ‘easily’ do it, otherwise you’d have to assume we would have done it already. I’m not saying we can’t/won’t do it, I’m just saying we need to. Our form in general - but certainly our home form - needs to improve massively for us to get top 6. This isn’t just the last couple of weeks we’re talking about, we’ve fallen away massively since the turn of the year.
Chances are we won’t do that but we won 6 on the bounce in December/January, do that again starting against palace and we will be above Chelsea, now we will most probably then lose every game after that, it’s been that kind of season for Everton we can get 4th but we can also drop much lower, if we beat Liverpool 2-0 last week everyone is saying theirs a better chance at 4th but we lost 2-0 to Burnley

If Brighton and Palace isn't 6 points it's most likely curtains for top 6 imo unless we get lucky and results go in our favour.
Any Europe chasing team will have took 7 or 9 from Burnley/Palace/Brighton.
Agree with that, injuries have taken their toll in the last few matches, and the squad is nowhere strong enough, in my opinion, to obtain the points necessary to get into the top six even. By the way do we have to play Aston Villa twice in these last ten games? I don’t recall us playing them this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.