Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got a point, but... he's been as bad as the club by dealing with it like this.

He could have expressed his concerns to the club privately.

He's basically been receiving a charity wage for years now - he should be appreciative of that, but he doesn't mention it.

Yes, we should have treated the departure of him and Osman better, but given that interview I'm sort of glad we did what we did. Destroyed his cult hero status for nothing.

He's got a point, but... he's been as bad as the club by dealing with it like this.

He could have expressed his concerns to the club privately.

He's basically been receiving a charity wage for years now - he should be appreciative of that, but he doesn't mention it.

Yes, we should have treated the departure of him and Osman better, but given that interview I'm sort of glad we did what we did. Destroyed his cult hero status for nothing.
What point ?

Ditto. I resisted then read the comments.

By 2/3 down the page I was fuming at this click bait.

EVERTON are NOT A CHARITY.

Some of these lot seem to think its a holiday club. Not a professional football club.

Not the people's club and everyone's a horrible businessman because he hasn't got another two years of paid training and bench warming.

Charming.

He offended my eyes by being dire at football for about a decade. Pretty poor for him not to be informed he was being released though.

That's shocking treatment from the club. Regardless of whether you think he was a good enough player he is a human being. Any employer, whether it's McDonalds or Everton, should have the decency to at least tell someone they're being let go. Awful stuff and truly embarrassing to treat someone who's served 25 years like that.

Not the people's club and everyone's a horrible businessman because he hasn't got another two years of paid training and bench warming.

Charming.

I know mate. Its a joke.

We need to reestablish the ESPIRIT DE CORPS

Eliteism is what Everton Football Club is all about. Eliteism in winning stuff.

Medicority can do one.

People expecting medicority can do one.

If you are going to take part you should be doing it to try and win stuff.

We look after our own. But don't treat the place like a doss house.

Simple as that.

Didn't Hibbert and Osman have agents to deal with upcoming contracts or in this case ended contracts. Surely with little time left on the contract you would be knocking on the door to see whats happening. Sounds a bit bitter to me and I just cannot believe they didn't enquire about this and have some inkling of what was going on.

He found out, how? His contract was up. Didn't he know? And lets face it he had not been playing for the last year or two. In another area of life, you could say he'd been picking up his wages without working ... Did Everton not pay his wages during his more or less 'absent' last years?

I'm sure things could have been handled better. But, he should not be dissing his club in the tabloids.

Status
Not open for further replies.