Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought his career was over to be honest, and he was certainly rusty in his first few games of this season, but he's done fine when called upon. Nothing spectacular, but his passing seems to have improved a bit, as he no longer relies solely on the chip down the line, and his defending has been solid enough.

Usual brain dead comments in the match day thread when team was announced last night. Fact is hes been solid last few games hes played as back up and now looks match fit . Still wont change peoples opinion coz hes not a coleman. Well done Hibbo, your goal is on the way

tony-hibbert-everton-shirt-number-two.jpg

(I've already put this in the match thread, but it needs preserving for posterity!)

Looks like he could semi-retire to his Fishing Lake in France and still continue to play in their top league for a few years!!

Going back to moyes(poor language removed in advance) time..but interested in what people thought of the few appearances tony made at centre half when we had injuries?
I cant recall the exact games but do recall him filling in there and doing very well.Even better there than right back or am i mental?

Thought he was very good last night, his best performance in years. Not really let us down at any stage this season so can't complain at all. Very useful back up for Coleman if he maintains this level of performance.

I thought he should have gone, been pleasantly surprised by him this season.

Did ok defensivly last night offers nothing going forwards though not a RM player!
Well he obviously is an RM player mate or he wouldn't be playing.

He was very good defensively yesterday, didn't give Origi a sniff. No he's nowhere near Coleman's standard, but he's proving that we have adequate RB cover with him and Browning there

His passing was actually clever and calmly done.
This is what I noticed. He seems so calm on the ball in those situations where he retrieves it off an attacker and looks for a pass out of danger - he got it out to Barry/McCarthy every time. Even if the pass isn't on he knows he just has to clear his lines asap.

This is what I noticed. He seems so calm on the ball in those situations where he retrieves it off an attacker and looks for a pass out of danger - he got it out to Barry/McCarthy every time. Even if the pass isn't on he knows he just has to clear his lines asap.

It would indicate Moyes was bawling at the defence to hit the front man when on the ball.

I can´t believe I went through all those years of resigning myself to possession lost when Hibbo got it on the right and booted it upfield if any attacker came near, when all along he was actually able to pass a few yards to his team mate! And in between two opposition players aswell!

We have been denied so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.