2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like he’s scared and playing within himself. Zero confidence. And that’s what it boils down to for me, when you’re brave enough to try new things, sometimes they will come off and others they won’t. So he ends up drifting through games.

When he does try and beat his man, he might as well point where he’s going as he loses it every time. Couple of marseille turns can’t paper over the cracks.

These two paragraphs sum up what is wrong with peoples opinions. You are moaning he has a lack of confidence to move forward /try new things etc - yet in the second paragraph moan that he loses it every time when he does.

He needs to be allowed to make mistakes. Sadly we need those mistakes to be made preseason or in the early rounds of the cups. Not during the season.

It’s not his fault though. He was thrust into the team by koeman when he probably needed more development after his breakthrough season. Then he’s spent the last season or so playing in dire footballing teams, bereft of confidence. Once the team picks up. I can see Gomes. Tom. Siggy. Etc all pick up.

These two paragraphs sum up what is wrong with peoples opinions. You are moaning he has a lack of confidence to move forward /try new things etc - yet in the second paragraph moan that he loses it every time when he does.

He needs to be allowed to make mistakes. Sadly we need those mistakes to be made preseason or in the early rounds of the cups. Not during the season.

It’s not his fault though. He was thrust into the team by koeman when he probably needed more development after his breakthrough season. Then he’s spent the last season or so playing in dire footballing teams, bereft of confidence. Once the team picks up. I can see Gomes. Tom. Siggy. Etc all pick up.

1. I wasn’t moaning. He loses the ball a lot, the reason for this is his lack of confidence (in my opinion). He is allowed to make mistakes but ultimately, if he keeps making the same mistakes at the wrong times, he’s not learning. That’s on him.

2. It is his fault. Irrespective of all the other BS, he’s been afforded exactly what young Footballers of his age crave so much, what they dedicate their entire lives to achieve - regular game time. And regular game time with his boyhood team. Perhaps more game time than his performances have generally deserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lad looses the ball and gives the ball away because he has absolute whoppers in the team with him. Zero movement , covering for senior pro’s who are a disgrace to our badge. I have never been pro or negative about Tom, but he showed some fight and drive when the other Brazilian 21 year old was a joke.( no mention of him on here).

Let's be honest 4231 just doesn't do any of our midfielders any justice, it seems we are over run in the middle every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.