2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say he looked better Sunday, but his back to back failed passes to Walcott were exceedingly frustrating and sadly what I expect from him. His main benenfit at the moment is that he pairs better with Gana than Snides.

I'm all-in on Davies being shortlisted for serving Carte D'Or icecream in Skem when he is sold in a few years time

Goodness me. We are all entitled to our opinions but why on earth would you want to wish , in such a negative way , for the demise of one of our better young players.
Are you relate to davek with your negativity ?
You need to get a grip lad !

What he does exactly? He is least impactful from our midfielders, for most of the game he is basically invisible on the pitch. He is also awful from the defensive point of view, just one tackle today (Gana got 8, Gylfi 4, Richarlison 4) and he always seems to position himself badly, not covering his players and always late to help teammates. At least his passing accuracy today was quite ok but with tougher opponents it drops horribly.

Poor again today but got off the hook because Gueye was so immense and Sigurdsson kept popping up in the right areas. Silva is clearly trying to play him into form but he needs to be learning loads from these games, he was trying too hard lashing in mad tackles and trying silly flicks. If he just showed steady improvement most weeks like Kenny does people wouldn't be so critical, it's when he's put under a microscope (starting all the time and getting given the armband) that people, quite rightly, expect some good performances.

Would play him again Tuesday night but probably not next week against Leicester, Maddison will surely have him on toast.

He is a better fit than Morgan, but I can understand some of the groans. One thing he does do well (and sometimes to his own detriment) is he drives the ball and gets it off quickly. He started a few plays by getting it out wide quickly and he hits them with pace. We need an upgrade, but at least he doesn’t linger on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.