Tom Cleverley

Happy with signing Cleverley ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if we underperform again, rightly so.

It wouldn't be rightly so for cleverly.

He should be allowed time to settle but as strummer said if we struggle again like we did last season, pre Cleverly, I get the feeling Cleverly will take the brunt of it maybe even more so than those who under performed last year also.

It wouldn't be rightly so for cleverly.

He should be allowed time to settle but as strummer said if we struggle again like we did last season, pre Cleverly, I get the feeling Cleverly will take the brunt of it maybe even more so than those who under performed last year also.

If he's poor, then he'll be called out for being poor. Like any player.

We're a club with (despite what the Moyes years tried to tell us) high expectations. If players don't meet them, they get stick.

I won't be giving Cleverley any time whatsoever. This isn't a Besic situation here - he's going to be one of our top earners and is an England international who has spent his entire career at this level.

We're a club with (despite what the Moyes years tried to tell us) high expectations. If players don't meet them, they get stick.

I won't be giving Cleverley any time whatsoever. This isn't a Besic situation here - he's going to be one of our top earners and is an England international who has spent his entire career at this level.
So new players can't gel with teammates over a period of time?

So new players can't gel with teammates over a period of time?

Of course they can, and that'd be a reason for him just being "OK" when he arrives and plays. That's fine. But if he's utter gash then he should be called out on it, as ultimately he should be a player approaching his peak who has played at this level non-stop his entire career.

Are you having a laugh? The pre Moyes years we had expectations to be in a relegation battle season in season out with crap managers and players alike.

What a load of nonsense.

Are you having a laugh? The pre Moyes years we had expectations to be in a relegation battle season in season out with crap managers and players alike.

What a load of nonsense.

We were drilled with the plucky little Everton tag for years under Moyes, particularly his last five, underpinned by Neville's "Top 10 is great for a club like Everton" comments and so on. It was job preservation tactics from Moyes and expectation management from the board to justify no investment.

Our club traditionally has very high expectations.

just get behind him now, look for the positives and see how he does when he's wearing the shirt.

If people get on his back due to a bad game in pre season or something then that's just a indiciment of our fans mentality of writing players off before they've properly kicked a ball.

I for one think he'll do a good job, even though i didn't initially want him i can understand what gaps he'll fill and he is a pretty decent mover of the ball, similar to gibson, So he'll be pretty useful in certain ways.

At certain times this season we've been lacking in a position or two and he can come in and stop gap that and maybe add another dimension of passing to our game.

We'll get more use out of him than we did / do out of gibson and i think fans MAY (cant tell for certain) end up taking to him.

Of course they can, and that'd be a reason for him just being "OK" when he arrives and plays. That's fine. But if he's utter gash then he should be called out on it, as ultimately he should be a player approaching his peak who has played at this level non-stop his entire career.
You honestly think he'll be afforded that amount of leeway initially by the fanbase given how arsey we are at the moment?

We were drilled with the plucky little Everton tag for years under Moyes, particularly his last five, underpinned by Neville's "Top 10 is great for a club like Everton" comments and so on. It was job preservation tactics from Moyes and expectation management from the board to justify no investment.

I never heard Moyes call us "plucky Everton" once, his job was secured by continually get a bottom 5 funded club to finish in the top 7 over his tenure.

But this is the Cleverley thread so let's not digress. He's a decent player with plenty of experience at the highest level and of a good age, we're not paying a fee for him so there's no risk. He'll do fine here.

TBH our club hasnt had high expectations for nigh on 2 decades

Andy Hunter (usually one of the better Everton journos) has just tweeted that's it's a done deal and he will join on 1st July

I'm happy enough I think

I never heard Moyes call us "plucky Everton" once, his job was secured by continually get a bottom 5 funded club to finish in the top 7 over his tenure.

But this is the Cleverley thread so let's not digress. He's a decent player with plenty of experience at the highest level and of a good age, we're not paying a fee for him so there's no risk. He'll do fine here.
He did kinda bring the whole plucky little everton thing into play the way he used to play us down, probably more to boost his own ego

Get the feeling I'm one of the only people on here that's pleased about this deal. Good age, good experience and no big transfer fee.

We need deals like this to be able to afford more exciting signings.
Well this is the key really....if Mirallas goes we seriously need to invest in some swaggering arseholes to play higher up the pitch as we are woefully short there at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.